Latest mods to the Pumpkin | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Latest mods to the Pumpkin

It's been awile since I've done anything to my Explorer. Here are the latest updates and the reasons behind them.

I'll start with the lighting. I added some rock lights to the front of the truck. I mounted a pair of $15 Harbor Freight specials on the crossmember that runs just behind the steering box on the frame. Holes were already drilled in the perfect spot in each side. Can't beat that kind of service :D

front_lights.jpg
rearlights.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No I don't have any right now. I'll try to get some tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks awesome. Any idea how to get ahold of an H2 tire carrier hinge? Im sure one could just stroll into the dealership, but i was thinking something cheaper...

james t said:
Looks awesome. Any idea how to get ahold of an H2 tire carrier hinge? Im sure one could just stroll into the dealership, but i was thinking something cheaper...

I'll ask at FST today how much they can get them for. Since my bumper isn't quite finished yet, I haven't seen an invoice for it.

I might be interested in the H2 hinge too. My bumper wraps and it is going to be an Exo Cage probably in a year. I think exo cages are cool. Especially if they are built nicely and removable. Since FST does such great work (I saw the Durango in the new 4wheeler) how about you have FST build you one and I will copy it :p

What did you get at Harbor Freight? I'm guessing the rear light? Those welds look awesome. I only wish I could espire to such perefection. Lookin real good!!

The Harbor Freight lights are the ones under the front end of the truck. They're mounted to a frame crossmember.

Back