Latex paint spill in the Sport Trac bed? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Latex paint spill in the Sport Trac bed?

mustang6878

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'10 Sport Trac Limited
Typical Monday. I managed to spill about 8 ounces of latex house paint in the bed of my Trac and was wondering what the white stuff that was dripping out of the back of it. The latex paint on the red clearcoat of the Trac washed right off with soap and a brush, but the paint inside the "rhino" lining of the box just washed off a bit and I was stuck. I tried every chemical on the shelf...mineral spirits, laquer thinner, even some lighter fluid and Gunk remover. In desperation I reached for the can of brake cleaner and that along with a green scrub pad got it off.

Just another use for that stuff, used my last can, time to go buy 2 more...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was reading this and I was going to suggest brake cleaner. LOL. It also works awesome for removing sticker, decals and the glue residue left behind after removing them.

And killing wasps!

and lizards... FAST! :roll:

I use brake cleaner for everything, I killed a small snake that had gotten in the house years ago. I have a wood house and use it to kill the wood bees in their holes. My wife makes fun of me but it works for most everything.

Back