Leak in Rear Hard Brake Line, What size and How Long of Length Do i need? 94 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Leak in Rear Hard Brake Line, What size and How Long of Length Do i need? 94 XLT

OVERKILL700HP

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT Auto 4x4
I have a leak in 1 of my rear hard brake lines, it's leaking near the splitter.
Does anyone have any idea what size lines and lengths I need? Also, where can i buy a new splitter?
All information appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone know the size for the master cylinder to the t-fitting on the front drivers wheel?

you can get a splitter at napa.

You cant get the splitter at napa it tried this weekend but i had to order it from the dealership ($45). The brake line is 3/16" and you can get that at napa and you will need 2 fittings and a tubing flarer.

i know autoxone carries the brakelines that are premade with the fittings and the flares you just have to bend them

Help! broke off Splitter from Rear

As i was trying to loosen the passenger side rear hard brake line, I broke the Splitter from the rear. The Tab broke off.
My question is how can I get the hard brake line off if the tab is not attached to anything?
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has broke it off.
All help is seriously appreciated.

Do you mean the tab that bolts to the diff and holdes ther e-brake lines in place?
just put a wrench or vice gtips on the spitter.

EMG7895 said:
Do you mean the tab that bolts to the diff and holdes ther e-brake lines in place?
just put a wrench or vice gtips on the spitter.

I meant the splitter broke from the tab thats bolted to the rear. The splitter just swings now.
I was able to remove 1 brake line, But the drivers side is rusted in the splitter.
I also just found out that the rubber line is built into the splitter, Another interesting surprise.
Now i have to price the splitter from the dealer. This is getting to be a small money pit. :banghead:

When I called the dealer they told me that it was not a normally stocked part so they would have to order it from Hartford,Conn. but i got it the next morning and it cost $45

the splitter is available from napa for like $20. its called the "rear brake hose" and the splitter is built in.

jgilbs said:
the splitter is available from napa for like $20. its called the "rear brake hose" and the splitter is built in.

$20 is alot better than $45. You just made my day, :bounce: Thank You.

Thats weird when i went to napa they told me they couldnt get it and i'd have to go to the dealership or a junkyard.

Back