LED back up, license plate & puddle lights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED back up, license plate & puddle lights

I'm all for better lighting (interior/exterior) to see better, BUT... I don't get spending money on LED licence plate lights. What is the point? What are the benefits to you? In your pics, the plate is overwashed in lights that are too bright. The cops can see the oem lights no problem. ;)

Hi folks, just got these from CarID and geez what a classy look. The backup lights are awesome and the license plate ones are just very nice. I'll post pics later tonight. If you are looking to do this improvement you wont regret it one bit

Lumen® 7440CW - Replacement LED Bulb (7440, White) (backup)

Lumen® SM194CW - Replacement Short LED Bulb (194 / T10, White) (license plate)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm all for better lighting (interior/exterior) to see better, BUT... I don't get spending money on LED licence plate lights. What is the point? What are the benefits to you? In your pics, the plate is overwashed in lights that are too bright. The cops can see the oem lights no problem. ;)

A couple of reasons why, the pic happens to be a bit brighter than actual.

#1 . Looks better, every other light is 5000k on my car.
#2 . I dont mind spending $30 to have a unique look.
#3 . Most importantly as someone attached to the NYPD we are more likely to stop anything thats dark or trying to be dark or attempting not to be seen. This is NYC, stuff happens.
#4 . It allows other people to see ME..and thats a great benefit to ME.

A couple of reasons why, the pic happens to be a bit brighter than actual.

Most importantly as someone attached to the NYPD we are more likely to stop anything thats dark or trying to be dark or attempting not to be seen.

So you're saying the stock license plate bulbs are not sufficient?

Yikes, a dremel is needed to change the puddle lights??? :eek::eek:

roamingphantom- what command?

Yikes, a dremel is needed to change the puddle lights??? :eek::eek:

roamingphantom- what command?

Dont laugh but I was able to open my puddle lights with a small sharp kitchen knife and some patience. Took about 5 minutes per housing.

Back