LEDs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LEDs

I am going to put in a set of yellow LEDs for the park/signal in the front and the signal in the rear of my wifes 08 Mounty. The rear already has a red LED brake/park light with the lear housings. But what I was thinking when I put them in before and took them back out they done the rapid flashing thing. Ok I have read to use resistors or a LED flasher. So if I do the flasher I will still get the bulb out warning on my park lights in the front won't I? The blinker will just make it blink correctly but the park lights and possibly the rear turns too will still be pulling low enough of a current to make the bulb out warnings come on. That is irritating to say the least. So would resistors be my better choice? I think they may be. I am just worried about the heat issues with the resistors. Oh ya, anyone have a good place to order them?

STU

v-leds.com is where i have gotten ALL of my LED's. i have been running resisters for two years and havnt had anything fail from heat. PICS!!!

V-LEDs all the way! Love their product and their customer service is great. Their HIDs are also great. :)

Back