• Register Today It's free!

Lift and tires

Agrajag1

Reaction score
City, State
pickens, south carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
hey guys. i'm new to this site and i need some help. i want to lift my explorer just enough so that i have a little bit more ground clearance. im not a heavy off-roader, but i still like gettin' dirty. before my X, i drove a fullsize bronco, so i'm not used to not being able to go some places. what i was thinking about doing was getting a 3 inch body lift, 3 inch blocks for the rear and 2 inch coil spacers for the front. what do you think? and, if i do this, will the stock tires look ok? let me know.

umm i think you should just go bl, or just blocks and spacers. Those stock tires will look like crap, your talking about 6" of lift. A body lift will not help you with ground clearance, alone. But the bigger tires as a result will. Blocks and spacers give you the clearance. Search around and look in the modified 1st gen forum.

I'm in Iraq and I have a 99 4x4 XLT waiting at home to be pampered. If I had a 3" body lift put on it, what is the maximum size tires that will clear? I'll change rims if necessary too.

Back