Lift Shackle Differences | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lift Shackle Differences

It does fit exactly what I want, and I have a feeling I won't be working them nearly as hard as you have....
I think I'll try them.

Should I get an alignment once I put them on though?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

exploder919 this is exactly what i was looking for. thanks mate.
i'll probably fab these up tomorrow at the shop

Left the DDT at home, any chance some knows what diameter the holes are?

Left the DDT at home, any chance some knows what diameter the holes are?

Bumping an old thread, but does anyone have the answer to this^^^

Shackle bolt holes are 9/16". I drilled my autozone shackles and used the factory ford bolts rather than the thin aftermarket ones.

This may (or not), be off topic, but back in the day, late 60's early70's, we used to make our own shackles. Does anyone do this any more?

Yes, a few people do. A friend of mine made his own shackles for his Bronco II. I helped him, a little. He's in his mid 40's. I'm almost there myself.

So this might not be the best place to ask this, but I didn't want to create a new thread just for a quick question. But do the warrior 153 shackles (or any extended shackles) interfere with installing a trailer hitch? It seems like it might get in the way.

So this might not be the best place to ask this, but I didn't want to create a new thread just for a quick question. But do the warrior 153 shackles (or any extended shackles) interfere with installing a trailer hitch? It seems like it might get in the way.
As mentioned, I have aftermarket shackles on my sport, they do not interfere with my hitch in the least. Cant say for warriors specifically, but I would imagine not

Back