Light pull to the right while driving on the highway. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Light pull to the right while driving on the highway.

Ro@dRunner

Reaction score
City, State
CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer XLT
Hello all. I have a 2005 Ford Explorer XLT. While driving 60-65 mph on the highway it will occasional pull to the right. It happens more frequently when I run over a bump. The front tires are 245/60/17 and rear are 245/70/17. Just found out that suv was parked for sometime. I also have 1 ABS DTC code C 2777 sensor cluster bus failure. Any suggestions?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I’m assuming this truck is 2wd? Because a 4x4 3rd Gen Explorer with two different size tires will not go down the road..

Sounds like you Need matching tires and an alignment.

I’m assuming this truck is 2wd? Because a 4x4 3rd Gen Explorer with two different size tires will not go down the road..

Sounds like you Need matching tires and an alignment.
No, it is 4X4. I am really thinking that it is the ABS that is kicking in because it does it for a really short time... It rides straight and the tires don't shake...

I have an '02 4x4 Explorer and have noticed it's real sensitive to tire issues. They need to be rotated properly. And from what I can tell, if all tires are for example half worn, and then you install a new one, it causes shifting drive-ability issues with the vehicle. And I've heard this complaint from other vehicles owners that have All wheel Drive type technology with other brands of vehicles. I tried Toyo tires on mine and kept having issues with them. The tire store over a period of time ended up replacing 3 of the 4 tires. And I could feel the vehicle shifting from one wheel to the other as it drove down the road. I had to get all new tires. My suggestion for you is to start with all new tires.

You need 4 matching tires to start. You can’t have different size tires on this truck.

Back