• Register Today It's free!

Little defrost on high setting

lzrj

Reaction score
City, State
Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLS 4x4
Bought my son an 02 XLS 4x4 with the 4.0. I noticed the other day that when I turned the heater to defrost and turned it up to high, very little is coming out the defrost vents. All other settings work fine. It has the manuel controls. It sounds like all the air is going behind the dash. Im thinking this a vacuum line problem and not blender door but not sure. Can anyone with ac/heater experience help me?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is it coming out anywhere else while on the defrost setting?

No, its not coming out anywhere else. Just sounds like its blowing inside the dash. I can switch it to vent or floor and it will come out as it should. I can feel a little air coming out of the defrost vents on top when on high but most is not coming out anywhere.

same here, little flow outta the defrost vents. But while on defrost I still have quite a bit of air coming out of the floor vents... I looked at the vacuum actuators work and everything seems ok, don't know what to do about it...

i would check all your vacuum lines and make sure they're all good. might not be a bad idea to pull your stereo out and poke around in the dash to see if maybe the controls on the a/c unit are functioning proplerly.

minivek, yours sounds like a bad blend door.

I'm having issues with my vacuum lines. One is missing inside the engine compartment and i can't seem to find it anywhere. Anyone have a pic or a diagram of where the bottom n is supposed to lead to/come from?

Back