• Register Today It's free!

Little Things to Inprove MPG!

baff2004

Reaction score
City, State
Flagstaff, Az / Nogales, Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT
I was wondering what you guys have done to help inprove your fuel economy. Im getting around 12-15 mpg in the city and 17-19 on the highway. What small mod's have you done to help your gas mileage? I have the basic mod's like exhaust and TBS, (look at sig.) but still missing the intake. Any suggestions? Also I'm either looking in to a bamachip and a K&N FIPK, in your opinion which would you get first?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go with the K&N FIPK, your 95 explorer XLT may not have the electronic flexibility needed to custom tune improving gas milege, mine dosent, but check with Doug anyways.

baff2004 said:
Which was the best mod you made in your opinion? Best bang for the buck???...

Impossible to say; they work synergistically.

baff2004 said:
I was wondering what you guys have done to help inprove your fuel economy. Im getting around 12-15 mpg in the city and 17-19 on the highway. What small mod's have you done to help your gas mileage? I have the basic mod's like exhaust and TBS, (look at sig.) but still missing the intake. Any suggestions? Also I'm either looking in to a bamachip and a K&N FIPK, in your opinion which would you get first?

This page has my post on it for what I did. Very minor items that any driveway mechanic can do. :cool:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44372&page=24&pp=20&highlight=quest

Back