Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livernois

Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for the 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport. This special max-effort tune has been created for those customers looking for even further improvement of the best attributes from our existing performance tunes.

This new Xv1 tune will meet or exceed the wants of any customer that is looking for the most aggressive option available for their Explorer, while retaining the durability customers expect from Livernois Motorsports. The Xv1 tune includes more aggressive shifts, increased WOT power, and better throttle response over any of our previous releases. No one else in the industry has the capability to release such a tune as no one else in the industry has our experience with the EcoBoost platform. If you are ready to take your 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport to the highest level of performance available, our exclusive Xv1 tune is for you.

Just as with all of our other tunes, this is a no cost option for all of our current and future customers. Xv1 must be combined with at least 2 supporting modifications, our 170* thermostat, and our 3-bar MAP sensor. If you would like this update for your Explorer, we ask that you contact us either via info@livernoismotorsports.com, or by calling 313-561-5500 for more information.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is awesome news. Already have everything, just need to install the 3-bar and update tuner. :burnout::chug:

What would the real life track/hp expectations be with this new tune? Obviously conditions and driver vary..... My Sport will be arriving in the next few weeks and like many others, I'm very interested in some sleeper fun on the street while maintaining decent drivability for when the wife and kids are along.....

Cheers,

Ajar

Does this mean that my strategy is done now? (I just got am email saying my strategy was not done yet and I should try the v2 tunes I was updated to)

My strategy was just broke for the regular tunes last week so i doubt it's ready for me so quick. I wouldn't be upset if it was ready however, lol.

Can you please post a link to your website where we can find the MAP sensor we would need?

Can you share what the tune differences are between the High boost and XV1; boost and timing differences? I have the High boost tune now and would like to understand the differences more than just "most aggressive". A dyno graph for both would be nice.

We have not had a chance to make it to the track since the release to post any numbers. I apologize for the confusion on any emails guys. The tune is completed and we are handling the files on a case by case basis. If you have the MAP and 170 Thermostat please send in an email request for the file to be created for your vehicle. I will suggest the addition of the 3 bar MAP to our website as well. At this time you can place 3 bar MAP orders by phone (313)561-5500.
-Anthony

We have not had a chance to make it to the track since the release to post any numbers. I apologize for the confusion on any emails guys. The tune is completed and we are handling the files on a case by case basis. If you have the MAP and 170 Thermostat please send in an email request for the file to be created for your vehicle. I will suggest the addition of the 3 bar MAP to our website as well. At this time you can place 3 bar MAP orders by phone (313)561-5500.
-Anthony

Email sent. Ordered everything back in September for this tune. Now please sell me the Corsa Exhaust.

Will the cat-less downpipes be on the site or just by phone?

Well, I decided to go with the Livernois tune after 10K miles and really wanting more power. So far just going with the 93 Perf V2 and man the Sport is a different beast. Even with 5 guys that averaged 220lbs in the truck I still had a major change in performance over the past. Even the guys were impressed with my SUV. I will stick with this for a while until I get the craving for more and jump to the new tune once I get the extra goodies. :)

Well, I pulled the plug on the Livernois tune. So far just going with the 63 Perf V2 and man the Sport is a different beast. Even with 5 guys that averaged 220lbs in the truck I still had a major change in performance over the past. Even the guys were impressed with my SUV. I will stick with this for a while until I get the craving for more and jump to the new tune once I get the extra goodies. :)

Don't meant to crap too much over your post, but to most people, "pulled the plug" usually means removed, I.e. We "pulled the plug on his life support".

Also you mention a 63 v2??? I assume that is yet another typo that means 93v2?

So correct me if I am wrong, but to condense you INSTALLED the 93v2 tune and are happy with it?

Though I went with the Lund Tune myself, I'm excited to hear some results on this as track times and dyno's start to come in! Maybe try and work out some heads up races :D

Don't meant to crap too much over your post, but to most people, "pulled the plug" usually means removed, I.e. We "pulled the plug on his life support".

Also you mention a 63 v2??? I assume that is yet another typo that means 93v2?

So correct me if I am wrong, but to condense you INSTALLED the 93v2 tune and are happy with it?

Sorry about my wording/mistypes. I love the tune so far. The power is there, shifts are firmer and it doesn't have me missing my 300c SRT8's power as much. While it still doesn't quite compare with that car as far as power, it is pretty close and a hell of a lot more comfortable for the family with way more bells and whistles.

Yes I also meant the 93v2 Perf tune. It will be a while before I step up to the other one, but knowing that I have a few fairly inexpensive bolt ons to get more power will be nice in the future.

Well, I decided to go with the Livernois tune after 10K miles and really wanting more power. So far just going with the 93 Perf V2 and man the Sport is a different beast. Even with 5 guys that averaged 220lbs in the truck I still had a major change in performance over the past. Even the guys were impressed with my SUV. I will stick with this for a while until I get the craving for more and jump to the new tune once I get the extra goodies. :)

Glad to hear you enjoy the tunes. Thank you very much for the kind words.
-Anthony

It's been almost two weeks since the XV1 tune was "released". When will it actually be released?

What are you guys paying for the 3 Bar Sensor?

3 bar map sensor nowhere to be found on your website...linky?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are you guys paying for the 3 Bar Sensor?

3 bar map sensor nowhere to be found on your website...linky?

The 3 bar MAP sensor is currently priced at $149.99 and was listed on our site as part of the ALKY Controls methanol injection kit. I am in the process of having it added separately on our website as well. At the current time you can give us a call to place your order @ (313)561-5500. -Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back