Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allot of factors in what your run at the track. Elevation and air density are huge. The difference between a 102 trap and 105 trap can be as simple as -200 to sea level conditions, to +2000 air density.

My DA was better than his. We talked about it.

I have also personally talked to Dan (Livernois' tuner) on the phone regarding this and he straight up told me he left some on the table because they not only want to be 110% sure of the calibration but they also want to leave as much of the stock reliability as possible in the system. Reliability is far more important to them than an extra 2 mph in the quarter when it comes to a mass produced tune and their reputation.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anthony/Livernois......are you any closer to releasing the XV1 tune yet? Sure would be a nice after Christmas present to get it!!!!

That would be an excellent gift. Yes we are getting very close. Our truck has been on the the dyno and street driven a great deal recently. We just want to ensure that we release the best tune possible for all strategy codes. We appreciate your patience.
-Anthony

Can we get an honest update on the status of the XV1 tune? I purchased the 3bar sensor 2 months ago with the understanding that the new tune 'was almost ready'.

Can we get an honest update on the status of the XV1 tune? I purchased the 3bar sensor 2 months ago with the understanding that the new tune 'was almost ready'.

Unfortunately as to the release of XV1, it is going to require more ancillaries than originally thought. With the unique issues that have come to light with the cold weather, it has shown that we are at the limit of safe fuel delivery with our performance tunes already. Because of this, Xv1 will require methanol injection to utilize. We are working on other avenues for this to be able to be achieved without the use of methanol, but those are a long way off unfortunately. I understand the want and the frustration for the delay, but we would rather release XV-1 after its been complete and safe. One thing I am proud to say about our company is we will not just rush a tune out to the public without going over it with a fine tooth comb and test and retest to make sure it gets the most power out of the vehicle, yet still be 100% safe! It will require meth for the Explorer Sport, and the Taurus SHO and related vehicles (Flex, MKS, MKT). As for the F150, it is still in development, but as stated before, is only going to be released when perfect. I know it is frustrating, but please be patient. We just want to get everyone the best tune available, anything less would be a disservice to our customers.

Can we return the 3 bar map sensors then? I don't plan on adapting methanol on the Explorer.

I completely agree with your rationale about not releasing the tune until it's proven 'safe'. However, when it was announced on this forum several months back that the tune was complete, the only additional parts that were needed were said to be the 3bar MAP sensor. I came to your facility in Dearborn, purchased the 3bar, and left with the impression that the tune would be soon to follow. Now that it has been determined meth will need to be needed......that is just something I'm not able to spend the additional money on right now. Again, I completely appreciate and understand that you are finding these issues during development and not after the 'public' finds them out, but now I'm stuck with $1xx dollar paperweight. Given the integrity I know Livernois has, I'm sure you will refund me my purchase price. I'm just hoping the other people that purchased MAP sensors elsewhere will have the same ability. I guess in the end, and playing 'Monday Morning Quarterback', it would have been a lot better to not have announced that the XV1 tune was complete.

'Need to be needed'........jeez. Definitely not an English major.

Unfortunately as to the release of XV1, it is going to require more ancillaries than originally thought. With the unique issues that have come to light with the cold weather, it has shown that we are at the limit of safe fuel delivery with our performance tunes already. Because of this, Xv1 will require methanol injection to utilize.

If Ecoboost powered vehicles are as big a part of your future as you guys claim then maybe you should spend some of that R&D money on fashioning a better HPFP for us. At the very least the truck owners would bring you into the black quickly. We all want to make this platform live up to its potential, why don't you continue carrying the torch?

Unfortunately as to the release of XV1, it is going to require more ancillaries than originally thought. With the unique issues that have come to light with the cold weather, it has shown that we are at the limit of safe fuel delivery with our performance tunes already. Because of this, Xv1 will require methanol injection to utilize. We are working on other avenues for this to be able to be achieved without the use of methanol, but those are a long way off unfortunately. I understand the want and the frustration for the delay, but we would rather release XV-1 after its been complete and safe. One thing I am proud to say about our company is we will not just rush a tune out to the public without going over it with a fine tooth comb and test and retest to make sure it gets the most power out of the vehicle, yet still be 100% safe! It will require meth for the Explorer Sport, and the Taurus SHO and related vehicles (Flex, MKS, MKT). As for the F150, it is still in development, but as stated before, is only going to be released when perfect. I know it is frustrating, but please be patient. We just want to get everyone the best tune available, anything less would be a disservice to our customers.

How about a refund for everybody that bought the overpriced 3bar MAP sensor expecting that it was all that's needed for the XV1 tune?

I will not install meth injection on my XSport.

Guys I understand your frustration. We will be incorporating the 3 bar MAP sensor for the High Boost tunes. The 3 bar is beneficial for tunes running higher levels of boost. We can refund these if you would like but would prefer to create tunes to use them to ensure the highest performance tunes available until the XV1 tune has been released. Feel free to call or PM me if you would like to discuss this further.

Anthony
info@livernoismotorsports.com
313-561-5500 Ext 103

I honestly have no problem using meth, I have been waiting for it to be released for a while. Seems to me the meth kit and downpipes are the real ticket to making this setup work to its full potential. When they are ready, so is my money.

better HPFP

I'm not sure how much fuel they need to pump...but my explorer has ZERO problems dumping 27 gallons of fuel when the check engine light was on over a 100 mile trip. It seems limp mode uses a ton of fuel to make sure the engine is safe... I'm not sure the pump is the problem.

In racing with a Naturally aspirated engine if the fuel we are using has less octane then optimal, we feed the engine more fuel to cool the piston so detonation doesn't occur.. Is it optimal? Nope....Some of that fuel wont ignite and just dumps out the exhaust....but on a turbo that might be bad...i have no idea. Meth injection i thought was to cool the combustion chamber....you can do the same supplying more fuel.

with the cold weather, it has shown that we are at the limit of safe fuel delivery
wish they would be more clear....i don't even have a turbo but would like to know what the real issue is.

I'm not sure how much fuel they need to pump...but my explorer has ZERO problems dumping 27 gallons of fuel when the check engine light was on over a 100 mile trip. It seems limp mode uses a ton of fuel to make sure the engine is safe... I'm not sure the pump is the problem.

In racing with a Naturally aspirated engine if the fuel we are using has less octane then optimal, we feed the engine more fuel to cool the piston so detonation doesn't occur.. Is it optimal? Nope....Some of that fuel wont ignite and just dumps out the exhaust....but on a turbo that might be bad...i have no idea. Meth injection i thought was to cool the combustion chamber....you can do the same supplying more fuel.

wish they would be more clear....i don't even have a turbo but would like to know what the real issue is.

PM sent

I honestly have no problem using meth, I have been waiting for it to be released for a while. Seems to me the meth kit and downpipes are the real ticket to making this setup work to its full potential. When they are ready, so is my money.

Your patience is greatly appreciated. We have our exclusive Corsa Cat back exhaust coming in this month. The down pipes and Alky Controls methanol injection are soon to come. I will let you know as soon as I get some more information about these products.

Any chance of NOT running a 10.7/1 ratio on the air/fuel? Mine gets as rich as 10.2 at times and it's not optimal in any way. It's also not safe running that rich as often sited for a reason. Too much fuel causes issues as well.

Also please explain how the 3 bar will be used on the current setups? The 3 bar is needed to push more boost but if it's out of fuel as claimed " i believe it is not hence the 10.7/1 a/f ratio" then how are you going to supply the fuel needed for the extra boost? Doesn't make any sense, please enlighten us.

I would feel a lot better about upgrading the low pressure fuel pump or installing a KB boost-a-pump, instead of using meth injection.

I would feel a lot better about upgrading the low pressure fuel pump or installing a KB boost-a-pump, instead of using meth injection.

Not necessary. Won't do anything if the high pressure pump is the one metering fuel.

Livernois.....are you saying that you are creating tunes that will utilize the 3 bar sensors? I hate to even throw this question out there.....but when will these tunes be available?

Any chance of NOT running a 10.7/1 ratio on the air/fuel? Mine gets as rich as 10.2 at times and it's not optimal in any way. It's also not safe running that rich as often sited for a reason. Too much fuel causes issues as well.

Also please explain how the 3 bar will be used on the current setups? The 3 bar is needed to push more boost but if it's out of fuel as claimed " i believe it is not hence the 10.7/1 a/f ratio" then how are you going to supply the fuel needed for the extra boost? Doesn't make any sense, please enlighten us.

Joseph,

I believe we touched on this in another thread, but by what method are you determine A/F? My guess is an aftermarket data logger of some sort. The issue here lies in the fact that this is not something the computer calculates, so something is doing a conversion for you. Also, EcoBoost engines do not follow traditional wisdom, so you can not treat them like a regular engine. We do our best to provide the most power, while not negatively impacting durability. This is the problem with commercially available data logging, and the EXACT reason we do not recommend logging as most apps, software, and hardware is looking and calculating the wrong information. The PCM does NOT calculate A/F so you are reading inaccurate information. We had a customer come half way across the country to verify it was reading wrong. He was using the same data logging tools most people keep referring to. We simply don't command 10.2 :1 A/F.

To answer the reason to "why" on the 3-bar. The High Boost tune does play it close, mind you still on the safe side, of the limit on the factory MAP sensor, the 3-bar adds you some extra margin of safety. When you reach the limit of the sensor (which is 14.5038), it does not know how much boost above the limit you are at. So if it cant read above 14.5038, then whether you are at 14.5038 or at 30 looks exactly the same. The 3-bar corrects this potential issue.

As for inquiring on if we have a tune for the 3-bar. We actually have for well over a year, so that is something that we can compile quickly

LMS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will the tune using the 3bar give better overall performance? I don't mind 'keeping' the sensor I bought from you, but want to make sure I'm just not doing something to do it. Can you send me this 3bar tune using my strategy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back