Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joseph,

I believe we touched on this in another thread, but by what method are you determine A/F? My guess is an aftermarket data logger of some sort. The issue here lies in the fact that this is not something the computer calculates, so something is doing a conversion for you. Also, EcoBoost engines do not follow traditional wisdom, so you can not treat them like a regular engine. We do our best to provide the most power, while not negatively impacting durability. This is the problem with commercially available data logging, and the EXACT reason we do not recommend logging as most apps, software, and hardware is looking and calculating the wrong information. The PCM does NOT calculate A/F so you are reading inaccurate information. We had a customer come half way across the country to verify it was reading wrong. He was using the same data logging tools most people keep referring to. We simply don't command 10.2 :1 A/F.

To answer the reason to "why" on the 3-bar. The High Boost tune does play it close, mind you still on the safe side, of the limit on the factory MAP sensor, the 3-bar adds you some extra margin of safety. When you reach the limit of the sensor (which is 14.5038), it does not know how much boost above the limit you are at. So if it cant read above 14.5038, then whether you are at 14.5038 or at 30 looks exactly the same. The 3-bar corrects this potential issue.

As for inquiring on if we have a tune for the 3-bar. We actually have for well over a year, so that is something that we can compile quickly

LMS

I asked about the A/F before but it was never answered. As to how i am metering it, i have a wide band on the passenger side setup with a bung tapped. Maybe my wide band is faulty " you never know" or perhaps i have the bung too far forward or back in the stream.
Do you have an ideal location i should have it tapped? I can measure and make sure it's there or close to it. I can also borrow my buddies wide band to see if there is a problem with mine.
I wouldn't even ask but like i said the question was never answered before, speaking with Anthony he only said they are setup rich for safety but could not confirm nor deny the A/F being at a certain level as he was not sure.

Perhaps my measurements are off and i will certainly aim to get on the right track with them if that is the case.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will the tune using the 3bar give better overall performance? I don't mind 'keeping' the sensor I bought from you, but want to make sure I'm just not doing something to do it. Can you send me this 3bar tune using my strategy?

I asked about the A/F before but it was never answered. As to how i am metering it, i have a wide band on the passenger side setup with a bung tapped. Maybe my wide band is faulty " you never know" or perhaps i have the bung too far forward or back in the stream.
Do you have an ideal location i should have it tapped? I can measure and make sure it's there or close to it. I can also borrow my buddies wide band to see if there is a problem with mine.
I wouldn't even ask but like i said the question was never answered before, speaking with Anthony he only said they are setup rich for safety but could not confirm nor deny the A/F being at a certain level as he was not sure.

Perhaps my measurements are off and i will certainly aim to get on the right track with them if that is the case.:thumbsup:

PM's sent

Livernois guys......I'm trying to be patient given the previous great work you all have done to make our Sports be more of what they should have been in the first place from the factory. This whole 'XV1' thing is really starting to upset me. It was released and ready to go months ago, but to date, no tune. Many of us on this forum (and I'm sure elsewhere) bought MAP sensors from you fully trusting in your expertise with the tunes. I guess it is my fault for not asking more questions, but again, given your past releases, I didn't think I needed to. As I mentioned in a prior post.....I'm happy that 'we' aren't being the guinea pigs proving out the tunes. You guys are doing that yourself, finding the problems, and hopefully fixing them. Not as though the sensor was a ton of money given the overall big picture......right now, it's just the point. I'm stuck with something I can't use and something at the end of the day isn't going to give me the increased performance as described (unless I spend a lot more for Meth).

I just need you guys to be straight up.... where do things stand? Will the tune using a 3 bar sensor alone give me better performance or no? Will the XV1 work without Meth (I know you don't have a crystal ball, but use your engineering judgment....20% chance....80% chance???)? Can I simply return the 3bar sensor to you for a refund if there is no more performance to be gained without Meth?

Looking forward to reading your reply.

Livernois guys......I'm trying to be patient given the previous great work you all have done to make our Sports be more of what they should have been in the first place from the factory. This whole 'XV1' thing is really starting to upset me. It was released and ready to go months ago, but to date, no tune. Many of us on this forum (and I'm sure elsewhere) bought MAP sensors from you fully trusting in your expertise with the tunes. I guess it is my fault for not asking more questions, but again, given your past releases, I didn't think I needed to. As I mentioned in a prior post.....I'm happy that 'we' aren't being the guinea pigs proving out the tunes. You guys are doing that yourself, finding the problems, and hopefully fixing them. Not as though the sensor was a ton of money given the overall big picture......right now, it's just the point. I'm stuck with something I can't use and something at the end of the day isn't going to give me the increased performance as described (unless I spend a lot more for Meth).

I just need you guys to be straight up.... where do things stand? Will the tune using a 3 bar sensor alone give me better performance or no? Will the XV1 work without Meth (I know you don't have a crystal ball, but use your engineering judgment....20% chance....80% chance???)? Can I simply return the 3bar sensor to you for a refund if there is no more performance to be gained without Meth?

Looking forward to reading your reply.

They already said fueling is insufficient to run a consistent tune that is more aggressive than the "high boost" one without meth.

I talked with Brandon and Anthony today. I'm sure they will chime in. I elected for a 3bar MAP sensor tune in lieu of returning the sensor.

PM's and E-mails sent.

We are continuing to develop and test different avenues to improve upon our current tune releases and have recently begun sending out 3 bar MAP sensor tune revisions for those who already have the sensor. Feel free to let us know if you need a 3 bar tune revision sent.

LMS

PM's and E-mails sent.

We are continuing to develop and test different avenues to improve upon our current tune releases and have recently begun sending out 3 bar MAP sensor tune revisions for those who already have the sensor. Feel free to let us know if you need a 3 bar tune revision sent.

LMS

Is it beneficial to use the 3 bar or is it just the same tunes scaled for the sensor?

PM's and E-mails sent.

LMS

I need a 3 bar tune. Can't drive around yet but i can put it too use soon enough.

New to the forum, love boost but also love new vehicle warranty. Will any Ford dealers be offering up these tunes, and still honor the factory warranty? Or does the tune need to be removed every time the vehicle goes into the dealer?

Depends on the dealership. I would remove it just to be safe. Really doesn't matter that much. If something goes terribly wrong with the powertrain they are going to investigate the cause. They will be able to tell you had a tune on the vehicle. Livernois tunes are very stable. As stated on here. No one has incurred any warranty denials as of yet. Time will tell. If you can't afford to be denied..... don't get a tune.

It would be beneficial to use the 3 bar on our high boost tunes because the 2 bar can not measure certain levels of boost spikes as was mentioned in an earlier post.

"The High Boost tune does play it close, mind you still on the safe side, of the limit on the factory MAP sensor, the 3-bar adds you some extra margin of safety. When you reach the limit of the sensor (which is 14.5038), it does not know how much boost above the limit you are at. So if it cant read above 14.5038, then whether you are at 14.5038 or at 30 looks exactly the same. The 3-bar corrects this potential issue."

For those of you who are interested in a 3 bar tune if you have not already please send us and email tune request to info@livernoismotorsports.com
-LMS

Welcome to the forum from the guys at Livernois Motorsports! Feel free to give us a call, PM, or email if we could be of assistance for any of your performance needs or questions.
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/

New to the forum, love boost but also love new vehicle warranty. Will any Ford dealers be offering up these tunes, and still honor the factory warranty? Or does the tune need to be removed every time the vehicle goes into the dealer?

We have never had anyone claim that any warranties have been voided or denied service to date. You can return to stock with our device, however the days of being able to return a vehicle to stock and no one be the wiser are probably gone for good. As computers increase in capability, so do the memories of those computers. I would say the best advice is to be open, and honest with your dealership. I am not saying Ford will for sure honor anything, but just go into it knowing these are the risks but this is where our unparalleled experience is paramount.

-LMS

Thanks for the welcome. I look forward to working with you.

Depends on the dealership. I would remove it just to be safe. Really doesn't matter that much. If something goes terribly wrong with the powertrain they are going to investigate the cause. They will be able to tell you had a tune on the vehicle. Livernois tunes are very stable. As stated on here. No one has incurred any warranty denials as of yet. Time will tell. If you can't afford to be denied..... don't get a tune.

I would prefer to find a dealer who is into high performance add ons, and still honors the factory warranty. I was fortunate with my Denali XL that a local dealer will install a magnacharger and custom tune, and still honor the factory GM warranty. As a result, they get the bulk of boost customers looking for a little something extra.

Hopefully a Ford dealership will sell me a Livernois tune, be happy that it is safe, and honor the factory warranty.

Email sent about 3 bar tunes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anthony/Livernois......hoping to hear back from you soon regarding the issues I'm having with my 3bar tune. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back