Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now go to the track!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heres some pics of mine installed

Great pics. That looks like one sharp ride! Glad to see that you have everything installed and can't wait to hear how you like that extra performance.

LMS

Corsa exhaust

Your exhaust system looks great. You got the exhaust with the black tips correct? It's hard to tell from the angles that you posted. Are you glad you got the black tips? How is the sound inside and out? Worth the money and do you recommend it for someone else or do you wish you spent the money on a different modification? Do you have the LMS Tune? Sorry for so many questions. I guess I should expect a Thanks, Yes! Response. :scratch:

Heres some pics of mine installed

Just FYI from what I'm seeing those cars are the old cats that won't pass readiness checks.
Per ID emissions they do check for readiness which means you will fail with those pipes.
I'd go get it checked out to make sure and see what LMS can do for you since they've come out with a cat that will now pass readiness (same one have used for years)

Just FYI from what I'm seeing those cars are the old cats that won't pass readiness checks.
Per ID emissions they do check for readiness which means you will fail with those pipes.
I'd go get it checked out to make sure and see what LMS can do for you since they've come out with a cat that will now pass readiness (same one have used for years)

Dumb question - what is "readiness test" Is this in reference to emissions/smog testing?

Depends on the state and whether they do readiness checks, I live in AZ and they do, that's why I worked to develop a pipe that does pass readiness checks. I don't like the idea of having to take off downpipes to pass.

Does anyone have a sound clip of just the cat-back?

Does anyone have a sound clip of just the cat-back?

Here is a great demonstration of our Explorer with the cat back and down pipes. There is no music at the beginning so expect silence until the truck starts.

Mike you are right about that. I specifically asked about this when I placed the order and was told there wouldnt be any problems, and yet here i sit with this very issue you mentioned. I posted about it on another thread here on the forum but have not received any response. I will give them a call tomorrow as their email support is pretty terrible, unfortunately ive just been way too slammed lately to get around to it.

I am very sorry to hear this. I personally reply to hundreds of emails per week with most thanking us for the quick response. We could have resolved this tune issue right away if we were made aware. When we created the tunes originally the down pipes had not been causing any catalyst codes for over a month of daily driving on our Explorer. We asked most all of our first down pipe customers if they did have a CEL to let us know and we would update the tunes for down pipes if needed. We were never made aware this vehicle had any codes until the day this was posted and since have sent out all 4 updated tunes.

If anyone ever has an issue with anything please do not hesitate to contact us so we can take care of it right away and to help avoid any negative feedback. Much easier to give us a call or email to get an issue resolved in my opinion.

Anthony @ LMS
313-561-5500 ext 103
tuning@livernoismotorsports.com
info@livernoismotorsports.com

Please excuse my ignorance, but are the XV1/2 tunes similar to the AIW MyCalibr8or tuner advertised on the Livernois website? Also confused about the 3 bar MAP, whatever that is. The site only mentions needing a 160 degree thermostat and possibly plugs if you get the 93 tune. I just bought a 2015 XSport and I'm already feeling the need to mod.

Tony

Please excuse my ignorance, but are the XV1/2 tunes similar to the AIW MyCalibr8or tuner advertised on the Livernois website? Also confused about the 3 bar MAP, whatever that is. The site only mentions needing a 160 degree thermostat and possibly plugs if you get the 93 tune. I just bought a 2015 XSport and I'm already feeling the need to mod.

Tony

MyCalibr8or is the device used to flash the actual tunes to the ECM/PCM. XV1 refers to a tune that Livernois was working on (a high performance tune) that I don't believe ever made it to the public. It requires the more precise MAP sensor, and last I read you also needed fuel modifications (such as methanol injection).

Most of us are using their Performance v3 or High boost v2 tunes on 93 octane (and you would only need the 160/170 degree thermostat, but gapped plugs are recommended). With the purchase of the tuner they will set up a tune for pretty much anything you want (91/89/87 octane, intake, exhaust, etc), you just need to tell them what mods you are running.

would be nice if the tune got rid of my engine ticking!

Hi livernois. Im from the philippines and want to get the tune. Is it easy to install? Is it possible just to get the tune because your website is asking for me to get the thermostat and spark plugs.

Hi livernois. Im from the philippines and want to get the tune. Is it easy to install? Is it possible just to get the tune because your website is asking for me to get the thermostat and spark plugs.

Good morning!

We can ship any and all of our products anywhere in the world without issue. We use FedEx Trade Networks to do so. Our tune is extremely easy to install. We supply you with detailed instructions on what to do once you receive your tuner in the mail, and as always the guys here in the explorer forum are great! Most of them use our tunes as well.

Here is a great thread to look over if you have questions about our tuning:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428216

So if because of our time difference we are not open you can rest assured that ANY of the forum members can help! We recommend getting the thermostat and new spark plugs along with a tuner just to make sure that we are supplying you with the best tuning available. But, yes the tuner can be purchased separately. In fact, if we are shipping internationally to you we cannot use our website to do so. Whenever you are ready to get tuned let me know by phone or email and I will assist you personally!

Thanks,

Jaimie Tejeda
jtejeda@livernoismotorsports.com
2500 S Gulley
Dearborn Heights, MI 48125
313 561 5500 ext.102
Livernois Motorsports & Engineering, LLC
Fax: 313-730-7500
"Like" us on Facebook
See us on YouTube

Any reason why the xv1 never hit the market liver oil..can a high boost tune still be loaded ..and also the race tune that out you in the 12.81 is that available to customers .livernois?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any reason why the xv1 never hit the market liver oil..can a high boost tune still be loaded ..and also the race tune that out you in the 12.81 is that available to customers .livernois?

XV1 is an F150 only tune. The transverse based platforms actually cannot run it for 2 giant reasons.

1, The fuel system cannot support the demanded fuel requirements of a tune that is that powerful. The F150 has larger turbos and a more robust fuel system.

2, The transverse turbo based platforms do not have the same size turbos as the F150 based vehicles. Therefore, they are not capable of remaining thermally efficient (meaning not exponentially creating more heat than power) at that level of demanded boost and timing.

The race tune I do not think will ever be available to any clients that only have bolt ons. You would really want to have methanol injection and a built shortblock. The stress that the race tune would put on a daily or street driver would be immense!

Trust me, if we could SAFELY deliver XV1 and the race tune to the masses we would. But maintaining a spotless reputation and record is far more important to our business than a few extra horses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back