Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports is proud to release our Xv1 tune for 2013+ Ford Explorer Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
XV1 is an F150 only tune. The transverse based platforms actually cannot run it for 2 giant reasons.

1, The fuel system cannot support the demanded fuel requirements of a tune that is that powerful. The F150 has larger turbos and a more robust fuel system.

2, The transverse turbo based platforms do not have the same size turbos as the F150 based vehicles. Therefore, they are not capable of remaining thermally efficient (meaning not exponentially creating more heat than power) at that level of demanded boost and timing.

The race tune I do not think will ever be available to any clients that only have bolt ons. You would really want to have methanol injection and a built shortblock. The stress that the race tune would put on a daily or street driver would be immense!

Trust me, if we could SAFELY deliver XV1 and the race tune to the masses we would. But maintaining a spotless reputation and record is far more important to our business than a few extra horses.

Is the high boost tune still attainable ?theres really good reviews on the v2 and high boost tune

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is the high boost tune still attainable ?theres really good reviews on the v2 and high boost tune

Our Version 4 tune has long replaced and exceeded that V2 tune! LATEST AND GREATEST!:D

Great !! Can't wait for my 16 to get tuned !! Patiently waiting everyday ..hey if i were to pull the trigger on your down pipes for the explorer sport an they don't fit a 16 will they be a issue on returning ?and are those in stock ? For catted ones

Great !! Can't wait for my 16 to get tuned !! Patiently waiting everyday ..hey if i were to pull the trigger on your down pipes for the explorer sport an they don't fit a 16 will they be a issue on returning ?and are those in stock ? For catted ones

Man...I wouldn't go that far just yet. We will know here pretty soon.

Our Version 4 tune has long replaced and exceeded that V2 tune! LATEST AND GREATEST!:D

I thought V3 was the latest, there is a V4 available?

My wife and I passed on this one a while back, but there is another one coming in later this week. I think we'll get this one if we still get the same incentives which end in two days. Hopefully they will extend them. Our 2002 is failing apart!

I am pretty excited about what I read in the link that was about the Livernois Tuning that was posted by Explosportguy. I like what he said about the reduction in torque steer. I am very weary about getting a transverse mounted motor. The one we drove felt like it put the power to the rear wheels pretty quickly so it wouldn't wander around. Does the Livernois tune apply a higher percentage of power to the rear wheels sooner as you roll on the throttle? That would be GREAT! I did notice that it wouldn't take off at full throttle if I was turning. Hopefully that torque management has been decreased or removed.

This will be the wife's daily driver. I definitely want the better drivability. Of course I want the extra power, but I don't want to piss my wife off by making the shifts hit too hard. How hard does it shift? If it is too hard for her liking, can we get a tune that softens them a little?

Thanks!

XV1 is an F150 only tune. The transverse based platforms actually cannot run it for 2 giant reasons.

1, The fuel system cannot support the demanded fuel requirements of a tune that is that powerful. The F150 has larger turbos and a more robust fuel system.

2, The transverse turbo based platforms do not have the same size turbos as the F150 based vehicles. Therefore, they are not capable of remaining thermally efficient (meaning not exponentially creating more heat than power) at that level of demanded boost and timing.

The race tune I do not think will ever be available to any clients that only have bolt ons. You would really want to have methanol injection and a built shortblock. The stress that the race tune would put on a daily or street driver would be immense!

Trust me, if we could SAFELY deliver XV1 and the race tune to the masses we would. But maintaining a spotless reputation and record is far more important to our business than a few extra horses.

does this mean F150 turbos are an upgrade? and does anyone have any results from mods done?

I got to tell you,if your on the fence with the tune go for it! We installed the 93 performance tune with no mods 125miles on the odometer, and this horse woke up! 2016 explorer sport.
I can't wait for the exhaust/downpipe set up to be available.

Will livernois tune work with Sct tuner?

Any tunes available for the 2.3l Explorer?

so for those of you doing the upgrades, many say to set the tune back to stock when going for warranty work - but do you mean removing the 3bar and thermostat as well?

wouldn't those items set a CEL when on stock tune?

Remove the 3bar map sensor, but leave the thermostat in. It won't throw a CEL. I did this a few weeks back when the backup sensors stopped working in mine.

Just plugging through this post and I have to admit I skipped a few pages. My question is, Is there a tune avalible for my 2013 non turbo'd limited ex??? and if so what gains will I see???
Cheers Randy...

Thanks XplrSprt...

Thank you for the awesome compliment!

As for our 3.5L NA tune, IT IS A BEAST! The power is great, but the shifting is amazing!

This thread is being closed at the request of the OP. He requests that members check out the other threads posted by Livernois on 'Tuning' for up-to-date info.
Thank you.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back