Looking for advice on 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Main Wiring Harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for advice on 2008 Mercury Mountaineer Main Wiring Harness

finoleary

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 mercury mountaineer
Hi, I have spent over two year searching for a replacement wiring harness for a 2008 MY Mercury Mountaineer 4.0L Premier AWD. The correct part number is 8L9Z-14398-AA however I cant find it anywhere (as no longer made). As far as I can tell, there were only minor changes between between the 2007 and 2008 MY, (such as voice activation, bluetooth and communication sync - none of which were in my car). I am wondering if the 2007 MY part number 7L9Z-14398-AA would work in my car, or could I get it modified to do so? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as I'm at my wits ends, trying to find this part. VIN Number is Vin: 4M2EU47E28UJO6953.
Best regards, Fin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you, that is what I'm trying to determine. I reckon it would be very similar and if there were a couple of different sockets they could possibly be soldered in from the old harness

Thank you for the excellent advice @94Eddie . . . unbelievably, today, I found the part (new OEM) from Tasca Parts. Thank you again for the help.

Back