Looking for dimensions on 2.5 remote reservoir coilovers on any 3rd gen explorers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for dimensions on 2.5 remote reservoir coilovers on any 3rd gen explorers?

paulballer

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004, XLS, 2WD
Hi guys I know this topic is long dead, but I was wondering if anyone happen to know the dimensions of these ADS coilovers or any remote reservoir coilovers for the front of a 3rd gen Explorer. I know they don’t sell them but if I had the dimensions of the stroke, compressed and extended rate, as well as the spring rate that would be very helpful. Any responses are helpful thanks 🙏

These are some old pics of ADS coilovers someone ran in the front a long time ago.

91F6913F-708D-4DED-B77F-EABA8B028641.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

@Stic-o do you happen to know? hes he resident shock rxpert

Hi guys I know this topic is long dead, but I was wondering if anyone happen to know the dimensions of these ADS coilovers or any remote reservoir coilovers for the front of a 3rd gen Explorer. I know they don’t sell them but if I had the dimensions of the stroke, compressed and extended rate, as well as the spring rate that would be very helpful. Any responses are helpful thanks 🙏

These are some old pics of ADS coilovers someone ran in the front a long time ago.

View attachment 440126
I saw on facebook that a guy used 3.5" 8in travel king shocks for the front of his explorer, those seem to be the same size but a different brand. I don't know what he used for spring rate or anything though. He created a custom plate for the top of the shock to mount into the shock tower, I don't know what he did for the bottom of the shocks though.

You can find his facebook post on the "Ford Explorers 3rd Generation" group. Just search his name, @tnt Off-Roading

I saw on facebook that a guy used 3.5" 8in travel king shocks for the front of his explorer, those seem to be the same size but a different brand. I don't know what he used for spring rate or anything though. He created a custom plate for the top of the shock to mount into the shock tower, I don't know what he did for the bottom of the shocks though.
Oh ****, thanks

Back