Looking for driver side mirror part number(14 Sport with 401A) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Looking for driver side mirror part number(14 Sport with 401A)

Odrapnew

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer Sport
Being an idiot while backing into my garage, I hit my driver side mirror on the side of the garage door opening. It cracked the plastic of the main body. The only thing that doesn’t work is the blinker, everything else is good(BSM, power fold, puddle light, memory..etc). The “skull cap” appears to be undamaged(or minimal enough not to worry about repaint) so I think I can swap that over to the new mirror. Glass is still good as well.

This is on my ’14 Sport with 401A package(BSM, memory,powerfold….etc). I think it has all the options for the mirror.

What I’m trying to do is find the correct Ford part number for the mirror.

The 2 I’ve found to be the closest match are:
BB5Z-17683-MAPTM
BB5Z-17683-EAPTM (doesn’t appear to state BSM in the descriptions I’ve found)

Anyone know if either of these might be the correct one? I can PM my VIN if that would help.

What I did was call my dealer for the part number and I ended up ordering from them. My dad did the same thing and shattered the mirror. It's a really tight fit with the Explorer into the garage.

Being an idiot while backing into my garage, I hit my driver side mirror on the side of the garage door opening. It cracked the plastic of the main body. The only thing that doesn’t work is the blinker, everything else is good(BSM, power fold, puddle light, memory..etc). The “skull cap” appears to be undamaged(or minimal enough not to worry about repaint) so I think I can swap that over to the new mirror. Glass is still good as well.

This is on my ’14 Sport with 401A package(BSM, memory,powerfold….etc). I think it has all the options for the mirror.

What I’m trying to do is find the correct Ford part number for the mirror.

The 2 I’ve found to be the closest match are:
BB5Z-17683-MAPTM
BB5Z-17683-EAPTM (doesn’t appear to state BSM in the descriptions I’ve found)

Anyone know if either of these might be the correct one? I can PM my VIN if that would help.
I don't know where you got the part numbers but Fordparts shows BB5Z-17683-MAPTM as the whole assembly for $500+
I would think that the parts are available by themselves.

Peter

I don't know where you got the part numbers but Fordparts shows BB5Z-17683-MAPTM as the whole assembly for $500+
I would think that the parts are available by themselves.

Peter

I found the part numbers by lot's of internet research. :)

I haven't found just the housing part as a separate piece for sale. Mirror, blinker, motors can be found. The part number you listed can be found for around $350 and it's a genuine Ford part. The other one I listed is a little more expensive.

I haven't called my dealer as I still feel like an idiot. "Hey, remember that Explorer I bought from you last week.......":(

Back