looking towards an in-dash monitor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

looking towards an in-dash monitor

Saleen_SR71

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB 5.0
well i want an indash monitor, but dont know which company to go with...

well i heard that jensen, alpine and pioneer have "great" resolution/clairty to their screens... but kenwood and clarion arnt as good, but have something{s} that those companys seem to have... and thats a 5.1 DTS processor and DVD changers.

then theres sony ... well im running a sony HU right now and its sorta crappy, but i like it because its a push button volume control as opposed to a turn nob

and theres panasonic which ive heard nothing about... but based on their past products that ive used... they were great...

but if i went for visual performance... id definately go with Alpine... but for sound performance, id probably go to Clarion

well i just wanted to get your opinions, and past/current experiences with in dash monitors for: (any model)

Alpine
Clarion
Jensen
Kenwood
Panasonic
Pioneer
Sony

The Kenwood 7x series is good double-din monitor with dvd/5.1 built in. Only about $1400. Then again i'm biased, Kenwood or pioneer 4 life! (even directed monitors aren't as clear as the kenwood and the DEI's carry a 80% more markup)

you must mean thek KVT915... i just looked in to it... and the 915 is the only one with built in 5.1 the others have external 5.1 processors (not to mention but its $2900 from kenwoods website)

Back