Low Washer Fluid - Does this really work? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low Washer Fluid - Does this really work?

cheapjeep2

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Lmtd
I've got the low washer fluid sensor issue and don't have time to fix. It's a 2014 Explorer Limited Keyless entry, push button start

I came across this thread and was looking for validation if this is something that works on my model?

• Hi!!! I’m new to the forum. It’s already, without my being a member, been a great help. I’m adding my experience (just now) with the washer fluid sensor remaining on after being filled. Several posts I was reading last night suggested turning key to ‘on’ position and then pressing down on the gas pedal 5 times within 3 seconds.
    I just went outside and performed that action...
    IT WORKED!! 👏🏻👏🏻 I then turned my car back on and the sensor remained off. Yea!! And thank you, good members, for sharing comments/advice that have worked for you. It’s really quite invaluable.

Thank you in advance.

Only one way to find out.
Put the power in 'run' mode, but don't start. (i.e. keep foot off the brake and press the start button 2 times).

So the run mode, pump the gas, while not running had zero effect. But I was able to reach up underneath just behind the fog light and unplug the harness from the sensor, no more low fluid warning. I'll get around to fixing it proper in due time..

Bummer it didn't work, but thanks for trying and reporting. Too often people never follow up.

Back