• Register Today It's free!

lowering i beams

low_X

Reaction score
City, State
spencer, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 LXT
i need a set of lowering i beams for my 94 explorer. AIM isnt worth spit so i hear....so where do i get them??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What are you going to do with the 4x4 I-beams. Could use the dana 38 stuff for my 84 ranger. What gears are in them And how much woul you want? No rush If it takes a while to get your swap done. Have you got a manual or electronic t-case?

Originally posted by Rick Wojahn
What are you going to do with the 4x4 I-beams. Could use the dana 38 stuff for my 84 ranger. What gears are in them And how much woul you want? No rush If it takes a while to get your swap done. Have you got a manual or electronic t-case?

all the parts on my 94 explorer are stock. is has push button 4x4 with a manual lock out converson with warn lock outs. if you want any thing give me a bid

ummm, a body drop is where you cut the floor from the body and drop the body down over the floor a few inches...right? if that is the case then why will the fame or i-beams need to be notched?

do you know anyone personly that has done this?(used the ranger i-beams) because i have heard a horrier story about it and it scared me! even thow there are a few people that have used them an say they work

well Yes a traditonal body drop you cut the floor and lower it till it hits the ground but i am doing a stock floor body drop witch means i am making the bottom of the frame level with the rocker that way when i air my bags out the rocker will be on the ground and when you go this low it is a muct to noch the chassie tech beams for the engin crossmember and frame in manny places like the tierods and the rearend.

And Yes there is a user on this bord with ranger beams on a explorer his name is racinjason68.

Back