Mac IOS 14.0.1 Ford Pass remote buttons gone | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mac IOS 14.0.1 Ford Pass remote buttons gone

TBill

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Prescott, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Updated my iPhone 7 today to iOS 14.0.1, now the Ford Pass App does not have the lock, unlock and start button for m 2020 Explorer. They were working fine prior to the phone update. Tried removing the vehicle from the app and adding it back. No details show up about the vehicle location, fuel level, tire pressure, etc. Service history does come up.😳.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FYI - our two iPhones (7+ and XR) are working normally after the update.

Ken

No issues with mine.

Updated my iPhone 7 today to iOS 14.0.1, now the Ford Pass App does not have the lock, unlock and start button for m 2020 Explorer. They were working fine prior to the phone update. Tried removing the vehicle from the app and adding it back. No details show up about the vehicle location, fuel level, tire pressure, etc. Service history does come up.😳.
Have you tried deleting the vehicle and adding back again?

Peter

Did you read what was written? Look at line 2 halfway across, “Tried”

Did you read what was written? Look at line 2 halfway across, “Tried”
Yes, but I believe some had to do it more than once. I guess I forgot to add that. Sorry.

Peter

The ones I've seen uninstalled the app and not the vehicle. And some did need to do it twice. I needed to that also but I have an android phone.

Thanks guys I’ll give that a try👍

OK, deleted the vehicle from the app again, re-added it, re-activated same results, no buttons, no vehicle details available, although vehicle service history shows up as well as my extended warranty. Deleted the app, re-installed it, same results, no communication with the 2020 Explorer. Checked all of the settings in the FordPass app on the Explorer, all turned on. Guess it's a call to Ford tomorrow to sort this out. The 2014 Escape on the FordPass app is working fine.
TBill

Discussed with Ford today, elevated to next level, given a case #. Will report back with resolution when they find one.

TB

I just received my ST on Tuesday and I don’t even have the activate function. Did the master reset, did the multiple deletes and on the Ranger forum they have a set process to follow which also didn’t work. So I reached out to the fordguide techs and they have confirmed that Ford lost this feature with iOS 14 for vehicles produced after a certain build date. I’m guessing it’s a different modem version. They said the engineers are working on an app update and once you see the new version in the App Store it should be resolved.

Thank you for that info.

Peter

Finally heard back from FMC today, new version of FordPass updated to 3.10.0, it did not resolve the issue with remote controls. I called them back with my case number told them I downloaded the new version of the app, deleted the 2020 Explorer, re-added it back in, re-activated it and have the same results, no remote buttons on the app.:oops:
TBill

Finally heard back from FMC today, new version of FordPass updated to 3.10.0, it did not resolve the issue with remote controls. I called them back with my case number told them I downloaded the new version of the app, deleted the 2020 Explorer, re-added it back in, re-activated it and have the same results, no remote buttons on the app.:oops:
TBill

I just did the update and same here. I still can’t get the “activate” button to show up. I’m going to try the master reset again and see if that works. What did they say when you told them you have the same issue? I saw there is a TSB for reprogramming the TCU. I’m planning on taking mine in for service to look at.

I just did the update and same here. I still can’t get the “activate” button to show up. I’m going to try the master reset again and see if that works. What did they say when you told them you have the same issue? I saw there is a TSB for reprogramming the TCU. I’m planning on taking mine in for service to look at.
I was able to remove my 2020 Explorer from the new version of the app, I added it back in, and was able to activate it. Still no remote control Lock, Unlock, Start buttons, reported back to FMC with the results, continued my case #. They said give them 3-5 business days to get back to me.
TBill

Well, I checked my FordPass today and the engineers did their job. The remote buttons on the app are back and the vehicle details are back, fuel level, tire pressure, etc. Thank you FMC.
TBill

Well, I checked my FordPass today and the engineers did their job. The remote buttons on the app are back and the vehicle details are back, fuel level, tire pressure, etc. Thank you FMC.
TBill

Good to hear. Mine is in for service. It was supposed to be a couple of hours worth of work and I was to get the ST back yesterday. However I am currently sitting in a rental Elantra with no ETC.

I’ll post what they did when I get the suv back.

after ios 14 we had some funky, issues remoting the vehicle. Like the remote start would just sit spinning forever. All things were updated. Tried again the next day and it was working. This app is great, when you aren't in a rush, but proves I want a keyfob for remote starting as well.

I got the car back, they did SSM 49084 which is to reprogram the TCU. Still no luck. When I add the vehicle to the fordpass app I do not get anything related to “activate”. I only get the following pic.
My sales guy said he will reach out to Ford directly and see what the next steps are.

Attachments

• EEA46E3A-64C9-4AB0-A22C-EDDFC2AA8F85.jpeg
    EEA46E3A-64C9-4AB0-A22C-EDDFC2AA8F85.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 93

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here’s my screen shot showing all working. iOS 14.0.1 on iPhone 7.
TBill

Attachments

• 92A6282F-57FC-42EF-8855-92388830A93B.png
    92A6282F-57FC-42EF-8855-92388830A93B.png
    447.4 KB · Views: 105

Back