• Register Today It's free!

MAF swap problem

dmm

Reaction score
City, State
Concepcion
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Sport
Hi, yesterday I change my original MAF housing (X '93 Sport) for a 70 mm of Ranger MAF housing, using the Explorer electronic. The engine start very bad, but after few minutes its run better. Today the chek engine light comes on after 8 milles. Before, the ligth comes on ever after 5 milles, then turn off/on in long travel several times, 1-2 minutes and then come off, after few minutes again comes on...

Troble codes in the PCM (before this change) is 175, 176, 185, 186 and ¿538? (i don't remember). I suposed that with this change the problem is over, but continues. Moreover the change of the MAF housing I clean the MAF sensor with electronic cleaner

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you try disconnecting the battery long enough to clear the computer(>10 minutes) and then go for a nice drive to allow the computer to reconfigure?

Did you try disconnecting the battery long enough to clear the computer(>10 minutes) and then go for a nice drive to allow the computer to reconfigure?

Hummmm... good idea, I forgot this step...:D

News in the afternoon

Well, I disconnect the battery for one hour and then start again, the symptoms continues, waht happens?

Have you gone for a good drive yet?

I don't think swapping the MAF is causing this problem.

Try and pull codes. You might have another sensor messing up.

Back