• Register Today It's free!

Main Power Connector MIX UP

raiper

Reaction score
City, State
Lodi, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 BII 4.0 Conversion
Ok i bought a new Kenwood deck and hooked it all up and it turned on, but the speakers would not create one bit of sound. So i tinker around with it and still no luck. So later on i take apart the grey connector and try re-arranging the wires in the connector(the one that supplies power and ground) and that doesnt even turn the unit on. I didnt memerize the wire order so im stuck with a hole in my dash.

My question here is if anyone would be willing to take their deck out, snap a pic of the connector and its wiring config for me? It would be greatly appreaciated!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you check the Kenwood website, sometimes they offer wiring diagrams, atleast I believe Pioneer does something like that.

no they didnt have anything

Did you check the HU itself? I have seen the pin diagrams actually printed on HU's before. Chrysler has them stamped into the metal on their stock HU's.

The head was replaced like 4 years ago by my dad and now im replacing it...i need the main power harness. I mixed up the wires on it when i disassembled it.I need a pic or the right order in which they go in

orange w/black line
red
green w/yellow line
blue
black
blue w/ red line
yellow w/black line

those are my wires that i need to know which order they go into. Its a 91 X, so anything up to a 93 should be the same

raiper said:
The head was replaced like 4 years ago by my dad and now im replacing it...i need the main power harness. I mixed up the wires on it when i disassembled it.I need a pic or the right order in which they go in

orange w/black line
red
green w/yellow line
blue
black
blue w/ red line
yellow w/black line

those are my wires that i need to know which order they go into. Its a 91 X, so anything up to a 93 should be the same

I have an old wiring harness laying around. Ill find it and snap a pic for ya. Gimmie a few.

Here ya go:
harness.jpg

i need a pic of the plug and wires that it connects into, but thx for the pic

You don't have a Hayes manual? I'll see if my brother does and post my results if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Back