• Register Today It's free!

Manik Brush Guard Help

XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Wausau, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Sport SOHC 4X4
Well i got a used manik brush guard and i am trying to put it onto my 93 explorer which has no lifts. Right now all i have is just the brush guard, so no instructions. What is the best way to get this brush guard on. It almost looks like there should be mounting brackets for the the bumper but i could be wrong. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do you have plates for the sides on the frame opposite the brush guard? It's really simple. Put it up on some wood blocks to where it looks like it should go and you should be able to find the holes where it bolts to.

That first question about the plates has me a bit confused, but right now i got the bumper sitting in the brush guard which is on the ground but the holes just dont seem to line up. My brush guard looks very similar to yours though. I will try to get some photos up.

Yours does mount to the frame right?

yes it does.

Ok, there SHOULD be a plate for each side that mounts on the other side of the brushguard "arms" that the nuts bolt down.

There are two plates on the bumper that attach to the outside of the frame and then the brush guard arms fit inside of the frame rail.
This is what i got right now.
19848753_img.jpg

The top holes on my brush guard are to small to accept the bolts that hold the plate that attaches to the bumper. I was told to drill them out or get smaller bolts.

Ah, ok. Yours is different than mine, which doesn't use the bumper brackets and botls of mount. Yeah just drill out the holes on the brush guard.

Back