Manual BW 13-54 swap info needed | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual BW 13-54 swap info needed

Ok I know there are many threads on this but I have searched and searched and I can't find exactly what I am looking for. Here is what I want to do. I have the electronic push button T-case in my 93 Sport with the Mazda 5 speed tranny and I would like to convert it to the manual BW 13-54 T-case. I know it has been done by other members so I know it can be done.

What I need to know is What exactly do I need to do this and if you have part numbers that would help alot. What is the dificulty of this swap? Will it bolt right up or will I need to modify somethings? Do I need to get a new speedo sensor? Also do any of the rangers come with this T-case? and If so can it be used in a 93 Sport?

Thanks for your Info and If any moderators feel this needs to be deleted because it has been asked so many times feel free to do so.

I took the CAD cover off and bolted the shift fork into the engaged position. Then slid the shift coller over the splines and reinstalled the cover and fork. You can also use a one piece axel shaft from a newer Ex, but my method worked fine for years, even with a front locker.

I took the CAD cover off and bolted the shift fork into the engaged position. Then slid the shift coller over the splines and reinstalled the cover and fork. You can also use a one piece axel shaft from a newer Ex, but my method worked fine for years, even with a front locker.

Ok, thanks for the tip, I like that idea, I was considering replacing the shaft but figure I'll try using what I have and if yours worked for years then I'll give it a shot, did you happen to make a write-up about it?

sorry for digging up such a old thread but im getting ready to do a 1350 swap to my auto trans i have the slip yoke front output on the tc i need to know what trucks i can get my front driveshaft from i have the cv style driveshaft on my explorer definitly not going to work. sooo i know i can get the driveshaft from a bronco 2 but i need to know the lengths of the one i need and i cant find that info anywhere.

For manual trans Explorers

Ok it is very easy to do this to any Explorer out there.

You will need:

BW 1354 Manual T-case

Manual Shift linkages part #OF0TZ-7210-A

Transmission Hump plate with two holes for Shifter (one hole if auto)

New Tranmission tranfercase boot. (the Stock one will not Work)

and a Shifter knob for the transfercase.

This is all you will need to do the Conversion.

Also My transfer case came from a 94 Ranger so they are not that hard to find.

Does anyone know an updated part number for the shift linkage?

Back