max torque/HP on M5OD-R1HD??? want to make good horsepower, dont know if it will hold | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

max torque/HP on M5OD-R1HD??? want to make good horsepower, dont know if it will hold

lifted4.0

Reaction score
hey, so im wondering what the specifications are on the M5OD-R1HD tranny in my 2003 ford ranger 4.0 manual, i didnt find that much on this topic when i looked so im wondering if someone can throw me a quick figure

i wanna be making as much power that i can, shooting for 300-350 or SOO to the wheel but definately dont think the stock tranny can hold that, what can? or what upgrade can i do to the tranny?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A C-4 automatic swap would work well.

i've put just shy of 350 tq. through and m5od.

@ ~310 ft/lbs @ the crank I kept breaking the non-HD version of the M5OD..

I would get the T-5 in the `05+ V6 Mustangs....they will hold up..

Ryan

soo if i wanna keep it manual, whats my best option?? are all these trannys just gonna bolt up? probably not?

best option in my opinion would be a t5. it'll hold up to mid 400's.

hey, so im wondering what the specifications are on the M5OD-R1HD tranny in my 2003 ford ranger 4.0 manual, i didnt find that much on this topic when i looked so im wondering if someone can throw me a quick figure

i wanna be making as much power that i can, shooting for 300-350 or SOO to the wheel but definately dont think the stock tranny can hold that, what can? or what upgrade can i do to the tranny?
How are you going to make all that torque? Because that peak torque range might be outside of your wheeling RPM range (typically well below 2500 or so), assuming this is for wheeling (which your name suggests). So spending high dollar on a trans that will only be subjected to half of its torque rating might just be a waste of money. In addition, dont forget that a transfer case multiplies torque by almost 2.5 times -- so that 150 ft lbs from the engine becomes 375 ft lbs after it has gone through the transfer case. Throw a doubler into the equation and the torque jumps another 2.5 times so that initial 150 ft lbs is now about 900 ft lbs after it has gone through the two cases.

nahh my truck isnt lifted (i was planing on lifting it..so i just used that as a name).

Back