Staff member
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Austin,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Nav, 99 Mounty, 98 Ex
With the Navajo becoming more and more rare I decided to start a database of Mazda Navajos.

If any one would like to give me there info on there Navajo please contact me Via PM. Also if you previously owned a Navajo or find one in a scrap yard I would like to have the Info on those as well. Photo of data plate on the Door helps with what I am trying to do.

Although the Navajo is not a collectors item. I feel compelled to keep Navajos safe and know they are still out there on the Road.

Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad To See This Thread Kris , Sending Info Via Pm !

Kris is making me post here to say this:

'Kris, you have my Navajo info already! Silly head!:bounce: '

Well, look what I found today at Pick-n-Pull on Baseline in Little Rock, Arkansas...
picture.php

Looks pretty well intact and straight.
Two-tone brownish interior. Driver's seat had a big hole in the left side bolster and door panel looked to have the pull handle and more broken off.
Sorry, couldn't get the driver's door open to get a pic of the data plate - the tupperware was slightly pushed up and holding it shut and it was too hot to wrestle with.

All you Navajo owners: Is that roof rack correct?
Never seen one like that on an Explorer. Guess maybe that's a Mazda exclusive.

OK, you all know where it is if you need anything. :)

yes that is the right roof rack on that 94. Looks like it was in good shape before it ended up there.. If you do make it back out there I would really appreciate a photo of the data plate on the door if you can get it open.

Thanks in advance if you do.

Bump for the Navajo

Great Dano! I would love to add the info from your Navajos to my data base.

Just giving every one an update.. I have 64 Navajos on my list. I have been doing some math on with the Navajo vins. From what I can tell I might have been off on the total production numbers for all four years.

Total for all four years I think is close to 35,000

Red Navajos only acct for about 1700 of those.

Still need more vins and stats of the Navajo so any help would greatly help my research.

Kris, ive gathered and verified via Ford (build date) as of this moment, 605 1994 Navajo VIN's. for the 1994 model year, 8572 Navajos were built from Sept 1993 to October 1994. The very last Navajo serialized was 08572, which was purchased in Prescott Arizona. This White Navajo was then traded in under Cash 4 Clunkers in July 2009, and was sold to a local salvage yard nearby. I am waiting for verification from the owner of said salvage yard to send me pictures of the last Navajo built

With the Navajo becoming more and more rare I decided to start a database of Mazda Navajos.

If any one would like to give me there info on there Navajo please contact me Via PM. Also if you previously owned a Navajo or find one in a scrap yard I would like to have the Info on those as well. Photo of data plate on the Door helps with what I am trying to do.

Although the Navajo is not a collectors item. I feel compelled to keep Navajos safe and know they are still out there on the Road.

Thank you
i own two 93 Navajo 108,000 and 132,000

1236-79266-20473687.jpg

junk yard arrival
data provided :
VIN: 4F2CU42XXPUM01187
Shuffled off this mortal igniton coil: 3/25/2022
May God have mercy on its solenoids

Back