• Register Today It's free!

MFT Acting UP? Try this.

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
All,
Lots of newbies with new 2013s or used 2011s or 2012s lately with MFT problems.

Just to repeat some knowledge that is been around the forum, head on over to http://outofmytouch.com/ and go to the section titled "MFT acting up?" and follow the directions.

It's a link to a file that you can install on a USB drive to reboot MFT. While I don't think its officially sanctioned by Ford, they seem to have implicitly sanctioned its use. Many of us on the forum use it fairly regularly without harm. It actually comes from a patch that Ford issued which fixed some radio channels on Sirius and included a delayed reboot file. The outofmytouch folks reverse engineered the fix to only install the delayed reboot file.

It works like a charm for me.

*MODs: I realize this is probably more appropriately put in the IVT forum, but a lot of newbies never find that particular forum, so I posted here. This might be appropriate sticky material - or even better yet, the forum could provide the appropriate file and directions directly, if they so choose.*

Edited: Other reboot options include utilizing the "MASTER RESET" through the options menus (but that resets all your settings as well), pulling the Battery cable for a few minutes, and pulling fuse 29.

Im not a noob, but had never seen this; thanks for reposting.

hello i am from venezuela have a 2012 ford explorer limited purchased here but my screen is black im guessing apim is damaged i found one from a 2012 explorer xlt and i am wondering if it will work finding an apim that will work over here in the usa is very hard and expensive because the programing barely works

Back