MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT SYNC 3.8 SIRI Eyes Free - Avail. on SYNCMYRIDE.COM for 2011-2015 Explorer

Unfortunately v3.8 is no longer on owner.ford.com. I assume they'll release it again or a newer version. But for now the only way to upgrade is go to the dealer.

-jw

While it may be...they now have separate installs for non-nav versus nav and also tweak minor things here and there...for instance there is a newer version of the nav app that has been released since 3.8 came out...some people may be running the old one or new one depending when they downloading the update...its still all considered 3.8 though.

You should download the version for your vin.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford is known for screwing up DL's for SYNC. Its not because it isn't available (not that I have heard). If it isn't showing for your vehicle is because you are either at 3.8 or they have it messed up.

I just bought a 2014 Explorer and still own an Escape with Sync2 that I updated to v3.8 that works very well for me. Ford's Otis site shows that a dealer can update my Sync2 system from v3.6 to v3.8. But Ford pulled v3.8 for all vehicles from the consumer site a few months ago when v3.8 had issues the iOS 9.2.x etc.

I was/am trying to figure out how to correctly upgrade to v3.8 without going to a dealer.

-jw

Ford is known for screwing up DL's for SYNC. Its not because it isn't available (not that I have heard). If it isn't showing for your vehicle is because you are either at 3.8 or they have it messed up.

3.8 Update

Use at your Own Risk - This is what is available to dealers under 12M02 (as of 8/22/16)

Hey all, sorry if this is the wrong thread or it's been answered but I drove myself nuts trying to invoke Siri eyes free in my wife's 2016 Sport. Turns out I don't think she's got the lates SYNC2. owner.ford.com reports 3.7 (EA5T-14D544-AC) and says we're on the latest. SD card is the A6 version.

I was able to update to at least 3.8 on her 2013 Limited so I'm at a loss as to why Ford is holding us back...

Hey all, sorry if this is the wrong thread or it's been answered but I drove myself nuts trying to invoke Siri eyes free in my wife's 2016 Sport. Turns out I don't think she's got the lates SYNC2. owner.ford.com reports 3.7 (EA5T-14D544-AC) and says we're on the latest. SD card is the A6 version.

I was able to update to at least 3.8 on her 2013 Limited so I'm at a loss as to why Ford is holding us back...
Not sure what you mean by "I'm at a loss as to why Ford is holding us back". V3.8 Siri Eyes Free was released with V3.8.
The Nav card version shouldn't affect it.. BTW the latest MFT version in 3.10 and the Nav. card is A8 although that shouldn't be what's causing your problem, as far as I know.

Peter

Not sure what you mean by "I'm at a loss as to why Ford is holding us back". V3.8 Siri Eyes Free was released with V3.8.
The Nav card version shouldn't affect it.. BTW the latest MFT version in 3.10 and the Nav. card is A8 although that shouldn't be what's causing your problem, as far as I know.

Peter

When I visit owner.ford.com, it shows that 3.7 was installed (by the former owner, no doubt) to our 2016 Sport (we entered the VIN) on July 2015. It then reports that we're on the latest update and gives no indication of 3.8 or 3.10, or a way to download them.

edit: thanks for the reply and the thread move!

When I visit owner.ford.com, it shows that 3.7 was installed (by the former owner, no doubt) to our 2016 Sport (we entered the VIN) on July 2015. It then reports that we're on the latest update and gives no indication of 3.8 or 3.10, or a way to download them.

edit: thanks for the reply and the thread move!
Unfortunately that site along with syncmyride.com are no longer dependable. Post #324 on the previous page has a link to V3.8. Using the 'Search' feature (upper right) I found this post with a link to V3.10. As always, use these links posted here at your own risk although they have been used successfully.

Peter

Unfortunately that site along with syncmyride.com are no longer dependable. Post #324 on the previous page has a link to V3.8. Using the 'Search' feature (upper right) I found this post with a link to V3.10. As always, use these links posted here at your own risk although they have been used successfully.

Peter

Interesting, thanks. I'm a technologist myself and very skeptical of running code provided outside the normal distribution channels. I'll look at what's there. Would the official answer be a dealer visit?

Would the official answer be a dealer visit?
A dealer will probably do it but will charge you to do it. They only do an update for no charge if you are having an issue with MFT.

Peter

Back