• Register Today It's free!

MFT/Sync Question

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all,

I have a 2012 XLT on order that will be delivered in Nov. Was curious about the 205A Rapid Spec...One of my co-workers has a 2009 F150 with Sync and was showing me the ability to play music through bluetooth, via IPOD, etc. He also had a DVD in the head unit and was able to play it on the touch screen display as long as the vehicle in in park. Does the X have the same ability?

205A Equipment Group Order Code -Inc: Myford Touch W/(2) Driver Configurable 4.2" Color Lcd Displays In Cluster, 8" Lcd Color Touch-Screen In Center, Media Hub W/Usb Ports (2), Sd Card Reader & Audio/Video Input Jacks, 5-Way Controls Located On Steering Wheel, Bluetooth Capability, Steering Wheel Controls, Usb Port, Audio Input Jack, Electrochromic Interior Rearview Mirror, Premium Audio System W/(8) Speakers, Rearview Camera, (911) Assist, Vehicle Health Reports, Traffic Reports, Gps Based Turn-By-Turn Driving Directions And Info Service, Dual-Zone Electronic Temp, Pwr Heated Front Bucket Seats W/10-Way Driver & 6-Way Passenger Adjustment, 4-Way Driver & Front Passenger Head Restraints *Deletes Std Auxiliary Input Jack* *Sirius Satellite Radio N/A In Alaska Or Hawaii* *Gross*

Hi all,

I have a 2012 XLT on order that will be delivered in Nov. Was curious about the 205A Rapid Spec...One of my co-workers has a 2009 F150 with Sync and was showing me the ability to play music through bluetooth, via IPOD, etc. He also had a DVD in the head unit and was able to play it on the touch screen display as long as the vehicle in in park. Does the X have the same ability?

205A Equipment Group Order Code -Inc: Myford Touch W/(2) Driver Configurable 4.2" Color Lcd Displays In Cluster, 8" Lcd Color Touch-Screen In Center, Media Hub W/Usb Ports (2), Sd Card Reader & Audio/Video Input Jacks, 5-Way Controls Located On Steering Wheel, Bluetooth Capability, Steering Wheel Controls, Usb Port, Audio Input Jack, Electrochromic Interior Rearview Mirror, Premium Audio System W/(8) Speakers, Rearview Camera, (911) Assist, Vehicle Health Reports, Traffic Reports, Gps Based Turn-By-Turn Driving Directions And Info Service, Dual-Zone Electronic Temp, Pwr Heated Front Bucket Seats W/10-Way Driver & 6-Way Passenger Adjustment, 4-Way Driver & Front Passenger Head Restraints *Deletes Std Auxiliary Input Jack* *Sirius Satellite Radio N/A In Alaska Or Hawaii* *Gross*

You can play music through bluetooth, but there is no built in dvd player. To play movies on the front screen (when in park, etc) you will need to use an iPod or other video player with a composite (rca, red yellow white) cable.

I used my iPhone the patch in through the video jacks to play a movie, and yes you have to be in park.

Hi, dugduggooddugdug!

Spengracin and w1kedz are correct! The MyFord Touch can't read DVDs, but like they said you can hook up your iPod, or other media device, with an A/V cable and stream a video. And again, you must be in park to do this.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need more information!

Rebecca

Back