MFT to Sync 3 upgrade success... but some remaining issues | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT to Sync 3 upgrade success... but some remaining issues

I have a 16 sport. Anyone know what setting to add surround sound option setting?

SYNC 2 or 3? If 2, don't remember if it had that setting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SYNC 2 or 3? If 2, don't remember if it had that setting.
Sync 3. And yes sync 2 had this setting if you have the 12 speaker sony system which is why I’m asking how to turn it on in sync 3. I haven’t found any as built data to figure out which setting to change.

Your profile shows you have a 2014 Limited. Please update. Thank you.

Peter

Sync 3. And yes sync 2 had this setting if you have the 12 speaker sony system which is why I’m asking how to turn it on in sync 3. I haven’t found any as built data to figure out which setting to change.

Try looking in the ACM module. On the Explorer sheet there are some options for Sony Audio and Equalizer settings. Also in the APIM module make sure you have on Sony Sound Processor, 7D-01-01, Axxx xxxx xxzz. If A is 2 then it is disabled.

Try looking in the ACM module. On the Explorer sheet there are some options for Sony Audio and Equalizer settings. Also in the APIM module make sure you have on Sony Sound Processor, 7D-01-01, Axxx xxxx xxzz. If A is 2 then it is disabled.
Thanks. I’ll check the apim. I didn’t change the ACM so no changes needed there. In the sound settings on the screen there’s an option for stereo and surround on the sync 2 system. I couldn’t figure out what option it was in the apim to enable that again.

I figured it out finally.

This is for adding the option for stereo and surround settings.

7DO-01-02 xxxx x0x6

The 0 turns the option on and the 6 actually allows you to select the options to change it.

Nice. How did you figure it out?

Nice. How did you figure it out?
Don’t ask. I’m dumb. Lol. My gf has an Edge Titanium with the Sony system and also has that setting on her sync 3 system so I compared and made changes until I found what worked.

Don’t ask. I’m dumb. Lol. My gf has an Edge Titanium with the Sony system and also has that setting on her sync 3 system so I compared and made changes until I found what worked.
If you were "dumb". You still wouldn't have figured it out.;)

Peter

Good to know we can look at the Edge for help. Maybe it has other cool things we need.

Went with the professional... had Jason from Fordpimods send me the correct code. Running through the checklist of issues, they all seem to be working now, though I forgot to check the steering wheel button. Have to do it in the morning.

Thanks Jason
Old post, I know - but is Fordpimods still active? I get one of those generic screens that occur when a URL has been purchased.

Emailed Dan at 2gfusions and its a known issue with the Explorers that the climate dial doesn't show up. Most likely a software change on the new models that came with Sync3.
Were you ever able to figure out this issue? It seems like it would be a software issue since the controls still actually work, but I've tried to modify all the climate control settings with forscan and no luck.

Email Jason from Fordpimods. Pay the small fee to have him send you the programming. Its well worth it and worked perfectly.
I know this its been a long time since you posted this But I’m hoping you can give me this gentleman’s email address because I’m having a lot of the same problems thank you.

Back