Mini floor console | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mini floor console

LFG

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Volvo XC90
Interested in the ST, but drove the Platinum yesterday to get a feel for the vehicle. (I'm looking at all 3 row vehicles with captains chairs) It's really nice! The mini floor console is a great idea, especially if you have older (not in car seats) kids or adults in the back seat, but I'm thinking my dog will sit there if we have the 3rd row down and the cargo area is full. Does anyone know if the console is removable? I had the salesman yesterday ask the service dept, because the piece has to be removable/replaceable (like, if it breaks), but I'm curious what's underneath it. They said that since the vehicle is so new, they had no idea if they could remove it or what's under it. Soooo, I figured I'd check here since some of ya'll seem super knowledgeable. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Well there is a mini console and a full console (on the aviator). I'm assuming like the 5th gen it is bolted down and if you unbolt it, you will have a piece of carpet missing where the console goes.

Well there is a mini console and a full console (on the aviator). I'm assuming like the 5th gen it is bolted down and if you unbolt it, you will have a piece of carpet missing where the console goes.

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, so it sounds like it could be removed and then I just lay a towel down or something (assuming there are no bolts or other pieces sticking up...)

Thanks for the quick reply. Ok, so it sounds like it could be removed and then I just lay a towel down or something (assuming there are no bolts or other pieces sticking up...)
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Not sure if this thread is of any help; 2nd Row Console
If that space is for the dog and there are any items sticking up, perhaps you could use a piece of foam there.

Peter

Back