• Register Today It's free!

misfire?

dboyd

Reaction score
City, State
vidalia,la
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 xlt
hey guys. my 2006 explorer xlt 4.0 misfires at idle, or seems to. no codes thrown, no check engine light, nothing.have changed plugs , wires , and fuel filter.even notice the harmonic balancer was coming apart and changed that.dont know where to start or what to do.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it a misfire or stumble because the 4.0 runs pretty rough at idle. Watch the engine rpm's and if they stay pretty close to 650 at hot idle then there is nothing wrong. You could clean your throttle body and MAF sensor just for the heck of it to see if it smooths the idle out some.

will try,thanks for the advise.

misfire

found out mis fire problem. it was fuel injectors .i had all 6 replace @ ford dealership to the tune of $1100.00.thanks for the lack of help and advice.i
guess i expected to much from this fourm.:thumbdwn:
leaving fourm for good.

Hey, common now I tried but you didn't follow up to say if it did anything. It is really unusual to have bad fuel injectors after only six or so years. I personally think you got worked over at the dealership when a $100.00 injector cleaning would have fixed it.

found out mis fire problem. it was fuel injectors .i had all 6 replace @ ford dealership to the tune of $1100.00.thanks for the lack of help and advice.i
leaving fourm for good.
Don't blame anyone here, it was YOU that spent $1100 at a dealer. I don't believe you will be missed.

dboyd -

check with us in the future before you spent $ 1100 on 6 injectors

For a moment I thought you had a diesel since that would be the price range

just a friendly advice

Ooops, I did not see his post :)

leaving fourm for good.

Are you kidding me!?!?! Is this guy for real? That could have been 1000 different issues! Good riddens, DOOOSH BAG!

leaving fourm for good.

Buh Bye!

Moron!

Anyone with only 4 posts on an entire site, who says "I'm leaving for good"???
I suspect he's just a troll trying to stir things up. He may not even own an Explorer.

Fuel injectors

When I did the lower intake gasket on my older explorer (1995), I replaced a bunch of stuff while I had it disassembled, I didn't replace the injectors, instead I sent them out and had them tested, cleaned, and calibrated. Only one of the six need replacement and the other ones cost me a total of about $150.00, parts and labor. Unfortunately dealers will never fix something, they will just replace it, unless its under warranty of course! Since servicing the injectors wasn't an option, it was actually a good move replacing all of them while they had it apart.

Back