• Register Today It's free!

Moble Screens??

WoodysX

Reaction score
City, State
Ashburn Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 EB & Q
How do you hook up a moble tv screen? Im looking at ones that say "Power DC 12V" how would you go about connecting it to a 12V? would you wire it some how to the battery, power inverter? Please get back to me, im looking at a 5-6" screens up to $150 to hook up a PSone or PS2 (i wanna buy one) :) Thankz, also does anyone have any recomendations for LCD monitors?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How 'bout goin old school and puttin in an 8-bit nintendo on a TV with knobs instead of buttons.

Hell yea! I would! I love the old NES! Im only 16 so i can remember not to long ago that that system was aswome, played it everyday :) Now it seems theres a new gaming platform every 2-3 years. Nintendo didnt "really" change the NES except the SNES from 85-96, then N64 came out, thats about 11 years untill a "new" system came out on the market.

So does anyone have any information for me, or where to look?

You do not need an inverter... 12 volts DC is what the truck runs on normally. You can connect it either to a wire that has power when the ignition is on (the radio turn on lead) and that will allow you to turn the TV on only when the truck is on. Or you can connect it to a wire that always has power, like the radio memory wire, and then you will be able to watch the TV with or without the truck on.

My idea was to get a mobile video monitor, mount it somewhere and put my nintendo where the factory amps are. Your probably wondering "How would u change games?" Well, I may custom make it so could slide it in the opening, but I have a Japanese-to-American NES converter and one of my Japanese cartridges has 1200 games!!!!! So i really wouldn't need to change games, i havent even played 1/4 of them yet!

Are you saying that the radio turn on lead, the blue wire, will turn it on and power the screen??

No the blue lead will not support that amount of current, it is designed just for remotely turning components on. The ignition lead to the radio or the memory (battery) lead would be sufficient.

My screen

I installed a screen in the front for my explorer, install was really easy.

EXVideo.jpg

Back