Moonroof stopped working

Imalmostgood22

Reaction score
City, State
Eaton,OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
Hope I posted this in the right spot.
Just got our 2013 Explorer back from the body shop and now the moonroof isn't working. At first it was intermittent. It started raining last night and went to check to make sure it was closed. It was open a little. Close it and my wife gets in it to run to the store and it was open a little. She closes it and we go on a walk and come back to it being open again. Now it won't close. It's stuck open in the vent position. Not all the way but enough to let water in. I looked on here and couldn't find someone with a similar problem. Was wondering if there was something that could be checked. I checked fuse #8 under the hood and fuse #3 inside. They both are good.

Also, the two switches to control the moonroof do the same thing. Doesn't matter if you hit the vent switch or the retract switch. They both will do both functions. I'm sure it it related. Will be calling the dealership in the morning. Have had it less then a year. Thanks in advance

Sounds like you've got the problem solved. Have a dealer check it out.

Hope I posted this in the right spot.
Just got our 2013 Explorer back from the body shop and now the moonroof isn't working. At first it was intermittent. It started raining last night and went to check to make sure it was closed. It was open a little. Close it and my wife gets in it to run to the store and it was open a little. She closes it and we go on a walk and come back to it being open again. Now it won't close. It's stuck open in the vent position. Not all the way but enough to let water in. I looked on here and couldn't find someone with a similar problem. Was wondering if there was something that could be checked. I checked fuse #8 under the hood and fuse #3 inside. They both are good.

Also, the two switches to control the moonroof do the same thing. Doesn't matter if you hit the vent switch or the retract switch. They both will do both functions. I'm sure it it related. Will be calling the dealership in the morning. Have had it less then a year. Thanks in advance
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Could be a control module issue.

Peter

Back