Motorcraft 5W30 synthetic blend VS Valvoline Max Life synthetic... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Motorcraft 5W30 synthetic blend VS Valvoline Max Life synthetic...

35Remmy

Reaction score
City, State
Binghamton NY, Hazleton PA, Northern NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'88,'99 Ranger, '00 EX
My 4.0 has 90,000 miles...I'm currently running Motorcraft synthetic blend 5W30.

I'm thinking of switching to 5W30 Valvoline Max Life synthetic.

I hear the Max Life has a good dose of moly, which we all know is great stuff for keeping engine wear down down down.

What do you think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Switching to synthetic is a prudent move. Just not sure I would use Valvoline.

Al...I've always been partial to Valvoline oil, not necessarily synthetic.

If I wanted the best possible protection I'd be running Amsoil. Even Mobil 1 can't hold a candle to that oil.

The Motorcraft does have great UOA's, though, and I've used it for quite some time.

What exactly are UOA's, and what stats or specs can you go by to determine what oil protects better besides brand preference? Are there independent tests that can be found online? I've never been able to find any. Let me know I've always been curious bout this subject. I run Q Torquepower full synthetic by the way, don't know if you have any info in it. thanks

Kyle

99...it just stands for Used Oil Analysis (UOA).

You can go to bobistheoilguy.com. It's a legit site with tons of information...they do sponsor shaeffer's synthetic oil (just like an Amsoil) and this bothers some people but I could care less.

Back