• Register Today It's free!

Motorcraft Rear Caliper

hwydave

Reaction score
City, State
Torrance, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 XLT, 1999 XL (RIP)
I am trying to replace both rear brake calipers because the bleeding valve broke off (long story). Rockauto and other online stores have Motorcraft calipers for the front but not the back. Questions:

1. What is the Motorcraft parts number for the rear caliper? The Ford service manual says the part number is 2552 RH and 2553 LH but the number may be out of date as I can't find the parts that fit.

2. If the Motorcraft part is not a feasible option, any recommendation on the 3rd party brand? I am in So. California and so the rust is not a big of a deal.

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I haven’t replaced my rear calipers but I replaced my fronts early last year. I just used the Duralast gold brand from autozone and they work just as well as the stock motorcraft calipers. Only thing I’d make sure of is I got one steal caliper and one aluminum (I think). One of them started to rust while the other is bright and nice looking. Not a big deal but aesthetically it bugs me.

One is electroplated, one was bare steel. Variouse remanufacturers use corrosion resistance techniques ranging from paint, to powdercoat, to e coating.

If you can find a non reman from Motorcraft great! Otherwise Motorcraft reman would be my choices. Don't forget copper washers!

I am trying to replace both rear brake calipers because the bleeding valve broke off (long story).

I am in So. California and so the rust is not a big of a deal.
I can't really help but if you broke both bleeders in a non rust state then yes - it probably is a long story! And no doubt an interesting one.

I used the cheapest option from Advance Auto. It works fine, I'd recommend throwing a coat of paint on it though. It's got very visible surface rust after a few months unlike the OEM calipers. Will paint it next time I have the wheels off.

You can always try a easy out or drill and tap the ones you have instead of changing them.

Back