TSTONE

Giddy up!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Oakland County, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Mountaineer
well i just bought my project ride for this summer :)

it's a 1985 Mustang convertible LX 5.0, auto, loaded & stock other than the stereo and the exhaust

needs paint (bodies perfect - no rust but the paints wasted - typical 80's paint job) but other than that it's been completely shopped out:
new top, new seals and gaskets (zero leaks anywhere)
and just a ton of little work - it was owned by a friend who's a ford mech.

does anyone know of any good forums like this one that deal with the mustangs - even more specifically the 79-93 body style, i've seen a few - but unfortunatley they're overrun by kids and the moderators have let the site layout get away from them:
(it really does make you appreciate - how hard the moderators here, work to keep this site a great place to post)

mustang.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thaks guys;

harry5150 - i'll check those out

88vert - i've spent the last few days skimming stangnet unfortunately - they are the forum i was eluding to above

Sorry about that I sold my mustang about 6 months ago have not been on there for awhile.Be very careful on the corral I got screwed three different times buying parts from that site.

thanx for the heads up - i'm not looking so much to buy parts as i am trying to find out basic how to's - like you can here - the big problem i've seen the last few days on stangnet is that unless you're willing to drop $1000's into go fast mods, they don't have any info for you :nono:

mods

When I had my 88GT the two biggest things I changed for performance was heads,and exhaust pretty simple and not that pricey.Mustangs are fun to work on I have had four of them and I am looking at a 94 GT as we speak.have fun with your summer project!

the exhaust has already been upgraded - thank god

where my questions come in is on the CFI stuff :confused:

85 was supposedly the only year for CFI on the 5.0 so the mod's are scare unless you want to do a complete cfi2carb swap

also the catologs do not seem to list ANY stuff for the pre 87 series, any idea why???

You should just switch it over to E.F.I. you could get all the parts off ebay for cheap,Thats what my cousin did with his 85

thanks for all your suggestions

im gonna have to say
www.stangnet.com

unless you a bigtime chatter, then you don't have to worry about anoying people. I hang just in the 4.6 boards, and its pure information and knowledge. I highly recommend it, the people at the corral are more into flamming and just making up things.

Back