My 1993 Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 1993 Explorer XLT

I personally have a 1993 Explorer XLT. It is pretty much stock with a complete sound system and some neons.

Here is a link to my car domain.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2601476

I am 16 and from Virginia.

Just wanted to thank all the people that run this site, because it has been very helpful it the projects we have had to go through with my car.

Also any comments on it would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everybody, from chile

Hi, i'm a new owner of an 1994 explorer export.
My name is Pedro and live in Talcahuano, Chile.
Sorry, but don't know too much english, only a few words.

You can see my personnal page in
http://es.geocities.com/tito_conta/PContador.html

Bye.

Well here is a update to my registry.

In the next couple of weeks i'm going to be ordering a 3 inch BL for the X and some new 32x11.50x15 MUDS not sure which brand yet...still looking into prices etc. Than within a month i'm going to be adding another 2 inch suspension lift.

Anyone have any comments on how the 3 inch body lift and the 32's will look like?

It should look fine with that much lift and 32's, but if you've read around on the site, you should know that a body lift can be more trouble than it's worth (relocating bumpers, etc). If you're looking for 5" total lift, you are probably way better off just going for a 5-6" suspension lift right off the bat. You can do a SOA (leaf springs on top of the axle) in the rear, and get a kit with kit with extended radius arms, drop brackets for the front beams, and all the hardware. I'd say go this route, which will let you fit 33's, give you more lift for your money, and give you a better lift for actual off-road use as well.

It's your ride so do what you want, but from what I've read and seen, those who do the small suspension lift plus a body lift eventually do away with at least the small suspension lift in favor of a larger one.

Yea I hear what your saying with that i'm not looking to really going offroad it's going to be my daily driver just looking to beef it up a bit and i hear what your saying about how the body lift isn't really worth the time but i think it will be good enough for what I want to use it for...thanks for the suggestion

Well here is an update guys we just got the 3 inch body lift and the tires put on lastnite and I am loving every min of it deff worth the money here is a picture to show you what you think.

HPIM0223.jpg

Well i'm not exactly sure, maybe someone else could tell you more, but from what I see is that black on the bottom of your doors like below the trim, if so then that is different, because as you can see on mine it is just all read and I know on the EB Editions it is tan from the side trim down. Also it looks like your side skirts are a little different.

Also I have decided i'm just going to keep with the 3 inch body lift and not do the 2 inch suspension lift because I just like it how it is.

For other future mods....:

New shock absorbers
New Leaf Springs
5% tent on the side windows and back glass, and 35% tint in the front

Maybe more to come but that's what i'm thinking about right now.

Thank you for your comment MadExplorer.

Back