• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

My 2016 vs 2013 Explorer review

Miami-Beach

Reaction score
City, State
Miami Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Crown Victoria
No additional tinting is allowed on the windshield below the manufacturer's AS-1 line.

Peter

True..I should have said that.

My tint comes just very slightly below the AS-1 line but down here the Leos do not bother you for it but I do not recommend anyone going below the AS-1 line outside of South Florida.

Napalm

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
I live in Miami and have had leather in all my vehicles since the 70's and keep vehicles for over 10 years and over 200K miles.

If you tint your vehicle [18% all around] and use a sun shade for the blazing sun [whenever you get out of your vehicle [all year long] and use Lexol conditioner every 6 months or more on your leather seats you will not have creased or cracking..Plus I have never been burned by the leather.

I do not even crack the windows when parked due to landscapers everywhere and constant passing showers..If your a/c is up to speed your vehicle will cool down in seconds without opening a window.

Indeed - take the few minutes to take some modicum of care of your ride. some people just can't I guess. yes you have to put a touch of treatment on leather if you want it to look good - but you know - you'd need to do the same for cloth - it just takes longer to notice.

I will say as a side - the cloth seats we had on the 2012 focus actually held up very well - granted we only had it 3 years and it was one year old when we bought it.

Napalm

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
True..I should have said that.

My tint comes just very slightly below the AS-1 line but down here the Leos do not bother you for it but I do not recommend anyone going below the AS-1 line outside of South Florida.

tinting.

there are a few people in my area that are covering the full windscreen - but they use the new 3M film that is clear but rejects 90% of IR and 100% of UV wavelength light.

it's spendy but I think I'm going to try it soon.

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer LTD (FWD)
I will go full windshield possibly if/when I have to replace the glass.