My 52 Ford F1 On my 2000 4Dr Mounty Frame Build...Thread | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 52 Ford F1 On my 2000 4Dr Mounty Frame Build...Thread

Awesome project! Keep with it, it's going to take lots of patience but it's worth it in the long run! You'll need to take 3" out of the bed for the wheelbase to match... I have spent 5 years getting a 48 F1 on a 1996 exploder... I actually cut the body off the explorer leaving the floor and firewall and cut the firewall/floor out of the 48 cab and welded them together... It worked, but it was a challenge. I never finished my build thread but there are some highlights here
http://darksidersrealm.forumotion.com/t450-1948-f1-reborn-on-96-explorer
If you have any questions let me know, can't wait to see it come together!

3" is not exactly what i wanted to hear! lol

I was told it would bolt up basically by another guy who put a 52 on a 99 explorer frame. he said "it was so easy that if he could do it anyone could do it". lol
there fore the reason i am attempting it.
I will make it work, I really dont want to be a 7 year project like all of my other projects tho

i just viewed your truck. that is awesome. I do NOT have the skills nor patience that you seem to tho.
I first order is getting my fuel tank clean and the "good" pump put back and and fire it up and run it before removing all the mountaineer body, etc. Hopefully it will go as planned and not to many unforseen issues.
thanks for the link, your build is awesome

Back