My ABS light is on after replacing the front hubs. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My ABS light is on after replacing the front hubs.

beeinbad2

Reaction score
City, State
Baytown Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
I just changed both front wheel hub assembly ,and now the abs light is on i unhooked the battery an is still on. This is the send set of hub in a month the light was comming on with the other hubs but only around 70 mph. But now when you start moving the light goes out but comes back on in about 10 seconds, any ideas?

Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the stock 2002-2005 section. Check the electrical connector for a bad connection. Clean everything to make sure that there is no brake dust or metal dust.

Thats because it is probably the sensor in the differ which usually goes bad before for the others because of corrision.

9e731.

second the differential sensor it was the first one to fail for me. But another time when i changed my brakes i wound up damaging one of the wires in front, ABS light came with 10feet of moving. Third time the Master Cyl Switch failed but then the light took about 15-45min and not all the time. Every time i had the codes read first two by a brake shop, last one i got sick of taking it in and had bought software for a laptop and to read them myself. The system can tell which sensor is out but it takes special software to do it.

Back