My custom install in my Explorer

DCFireMedic

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT 4x4
96 Explorer XLT 4x4.

20" Eagle Billet wheels 275/45/20 tires.

Alpine CDA-9815
Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc changer.
Alpine TUA-T020XM XM radio receiver
Boston ProSeries 6.5 components in front doors
Boston FS80 6x8 components in rear doors.
3 Alumapro Alchemy 12" woofers, dual6ohm
Dei 1100d
dei 600.4
Xstatic BatCAP
Optima Redtop underhood
Factory ford 130amp alt.

cars.jpg

install1.jpg

install2.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great. Really clean truck. :thumbsup: If you lowered it an inch or so, it would look even better in my opinion.

nice, nice, nice.
Clean job.

thanks! not going to lower though... i still use my 4wd some

looks good!

Nice lookin X, and the install is really clean! Dang those rims look great on there too. That your 'teg as well?

Looking good. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Nice custom box,ill have to show you guys mine soon.I see you have 6.5 Components in the front,do you have any pics of the installation by any chance?I would really like to see how it turned out,and you did rewire all the doors,correct?Thanks alot, I was considering puting 6.5 components in my fronts but couldnt find any feedback on how hard/easy it was.I am running Alpine SPS-570A's in all four doors now,but please post some pics of those doors I would love to see it.Thanks alot man and great looking custom box,turned out clean.

Can u tell me by chance where u got those wheels?

you can lower it and still use the 4 wheel drive...

nice, how does your stock alternator hold up to that?are you a rolling strobe light at night?

As for the 6.5 inch conmponents in the doors, a set of 1/4 inch mdf plates were made to mount the 6.5's and tweeter seperate. in the rear i'm using 6x8 components and have the tweeter suspended over the midbass with a backstrap. I upgraded to the factory optional 130 amp alternator. I also have a Optima Redtop under the hood and a Xstatic BatCap (100 farad cap with vehicle starting ability) built into the enclosure (the white thing at the far end of the amprack picture). Any other ?'s i'll be glad to answer.

Nice!

Back