My Ex has arrived | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My Ex has arrived

Reaction score
City, State
SW PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Acura MDX SH-AWD
Limited 301A package. Ginger Ale metallic, black interior, dual moonroof, 2nd row buckets + console.

Timeline:

12/5/12 ordered
12/13/12 VIN
12/20/12 1st ETA of 1/14
1/4/13 Window sticker
1/10/13 Build day
arrived at dealership 1/19/13

Went up to drool on it today, took it for a little ride. I am IN LOVE! We will bring it home on Tuesday.

Picture I snapped with the phone (they still have to clean it up)
428217_10151186237942163_497590239_n_zps19a030aa.jpg

*edited to add*
A special shout out to Ford Rep Crystal. Thanks to her, I knew more than our dealership and at times made them look like idiots because I knew more than them. So, THANK YOU for the weekly updates and making the wait a little easier.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for posting the timeline of order/build/delivered! Ordered mine on the 27th of Dec.

Thanks for posting the timeline of order/build/delivered! Ordered mine on the 27th of Dec.

You are welcome! The wait towards the end was agonizing, but I survived! The wkly updates from Crystal helped a lot. This new ride for me has been in the works since August, but my husband likes to buy in December, so almost on a daily basis I would search dealers inventory. Never found the specs I wanted, so we ordered.

Good luck and patience as you wait for yours.

Wow that's a great color, she's a beauty!

Great looking X. What is your opinion while driving of the dual moon roofs?

Wow that's a great color, she's a beauty!

Thank you! I have gotten many compliments. :) I think it's a color you either like or don't and really the only color that appealed to me. Another reason I had to order, not a very common color it seems.

Great looking X. What is your opinion while driving of the dual moon roofs?

I have about 120 miles on it, so haven't driven much. I don't have anything negative to say though. I do like and will probably use the shades that cover them up in hotter weather while parked somewhere, even with cooled front seats. My bald husband may like the shades too, but I am the primary driver.

...*edited to add*
A special shout out to Ford Rep Crystal. Thanks to her, I knew more than our dealership and at times made them look like idiots because I knew more than them. So, THANK YOU for the weekly updates and making the wait a little easier.

Wow, Natalie, looks like you have quite the beauty on your hands! I'm glad your Explorer arrived at its new home and that you've already had some time to enjoy it.

If you ever need anything in the future, you know how to reach me. It's my pleasure to help!

Crystal

Back