CALDWELL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia Airport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 V6 Silver XLT
I currently have a FLOWMASTER DELTA FLOW 40 SERIES
and i want to upgrade the stock exhaust piping to 2.5'' and keep my muffler...

My question is, when i install the larger diameter pipe i figure im goin to get a small HP gain, but will it also make the exhaust note louder ????

just curious ?

Danny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

thats a good set up but i dont think you will notice any hp gains... you will notice a louder deeper exhaust tone

excellent !!!

can anyone else back his statement up ????

It will be only slightly deeper - you are going from 2.25" to 2.5". Exhaust note is generally about mufflers, not piping; piping helps with freer flow though, and the more exhaust you get out, the better chance you have of making more noise (if that's what you want).

hahahaha yea that will do JCUZ lol

theres going to be very little difference

I like how it sounds now, im not hopin an praying it gets alot louder...

i was just curious if the sound would change at all...

thanks boys

Danny

I wanted to get 3 inch dual flowmasters on my 01 sport the muffler shop told me it would be better if i had the 2 1/2 inch. But maybe in the future i will get 3 inch

the only reason i am thinking about 2.5 inch is...

the way our exhaust runs, it runs up over the rear axle, and then bends back down.

i tried to get a measurement of the amount of space i had to get bigger pipe, where it goes over the axle... i measured a 2.6'' space ( that number includes the pipe already in the space ). so as you can tell its a tight squeeze goin over the axle...

unless i run 3'' pipe, but then " crush " the pipe to fit the space then run 3'' again from the axle back ???

idk im prob just goin to stick with 2.5 for now unless i find more info

Danny

the only thing that is going to make it louder is a different muffler

Back