My factory warranty is expiring, please help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My factory warranty is expiring, please help!

wuafc

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
I'm about to hit 36k in my Explorer and I'm taking it in to the Ford Dealer this week to get a couple of things looked at while it's still under warranty. I have some paint bubbles around the hood, the keyless entry pad intermittently won't work, and the cupholder keeps breaking in the middle row.

Are there any recommendations for other items/areas I should have the dealer look at while it's still under factory warranty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you have not noticed it then likely it will be hard to explain so that they can reproduce it.
Just asking a dealer shop to look for stuff is a good way to end up being billed for various inspections and finding nothing.

Think over if anything bothers you about the car when driving it,
  • any warning lights or codes appear?
  • engine is quiet, no weird noises?
  • tranny shifts ok,
  • a/c works ok,
  • brakes work without weird noises,
  • no fluid spots under the car where its parked?
  • windows go up & down smoothly
  • check 3rd row for evidence of moisture at seat belt, look in spare tire well for water;
  • sun roof work ok?

I'm about to hit 36k in my Explorer and I'm taking it in to the Ford Dealer this week to get a couple of things looked at while it's still under warranty. I have some paint bubbles around the hood, the keyless entry pad intermittently won't work, and the cupholder keeps breaking in the middle row.

Are there any recommendations for other items/areas I should have the dealer look at while it's still under factory warranty

Why not just replace the entire vehicle by trading it in on a new one? Problem solved!

Why not just replace the entire vehicle by trading it in on a new one? Problem solved!

Some people prefer the cost benefit of buying and holding a vehicle for as long as possible. Then, this is only cost effective if you have a reasonably reliable vehicle of sound build quality...

Definitely climb up on top and check for inadequate sealant behind the roof rack. Mine was clearly inadequate, but I didn't discover it until after the warranty expired. Ford did nothing for me once the odometer rolled over.

That said, even if you see cracking in the sealant, ask them to document it on the ticket so you have proof it was brought to their attention while still under warranty.

Back