• Register Today It's free!

my new bumper mostly done

AlanGoering

Reaction score
City, State
oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
Hey everyone. I got my front bumper mostly done. I still need to put a 2 inch tube around the top corners, make the skid plate, and of course paint it. It has two D-rings and a 2" reciever so I can use my winch on the front and rear of my Explorer. pictures are on the first page just scroll down a little.. oh yeah, check out that improved BOA. The bumper sticks out maybe a half inch from my grill and is about 1 and a half inches shorter than the stock one.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/796765

(Those are 35's on there, on stock rims cause my black crawlers are on the X-Terrains still As soon as I sell my almost new 33" X-Terrains I will buy some 36" tsl's or tsl-sx's)

any advice looks wise? Im still thinking about putting a stinger on for lights, but im not sure yet.

Alan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do u have any plans for getting the front level with the rear, besides that once u get the bumbers done i think it will look great, plus some 36s never hurt

actually, my torsion bolts are out almost all the way in the lower two pictures on that first page. (I was replacing a cv). It actually sits with the front a half inch higher than the back when its TT'd back up apropriately. Im currently looking for a 44 or 60 to put up front, and then Ill go even higher front and back.

I cant figure out exact numbers on the front cause I had to make half of the stuff I used to gain lift up front at home, and also used the trailmaster 4" kit and a 2" TT. but the rear has home made shackles (2" of lift), 4" spring pack, 1.5" soa pads and my axle width, I came out with about 7 inches from the soa.

HAHAHAHA some good funny news, i put my friends almost bald 40" boggers on the passenger side front and back with my TT back up all the way.. they fit with no rub at wheel lock either direction, but i still have a dana 35 locked IFS, so actually driving with those on there = terrible idea

Looks pretty good! :thumbsup: It'll look much better once you get it all finished

Could a Mod. please delete this thread? Thanks
Alan

Back