My turn for the RCD | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My turn for the RCD

boominXplorer said:
Acually I grabbed some from an 2002 F150 and I'm going to put them in on monday. You just swaped packs right? You didn't exchange leafs?

You may have a problem. 96+ F 150 leaf packs are 3" wide where as your springs are 2.5" wide. You cannot just swap the whole leaf pack because the main leaf is way too long. As a matter of fact, the second leaf is almost as long as the main leaf on your Mountaineer. I don't think they will fit in your stock shackles or your front leaf brackets. They may work with some modifications, and if they do, tell how.

I just swapped all but the main leaf on mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This truck is bad ass!! Pictures dont do it justice at all. its even crazier in person. i went to look at it right after he finished it up its nice as hell! 35s definitly way to small!

Tommy

not as planned. They ended up being an 1" too long which put my shackle back too much. They were the exact right size (came from a single cab 6 banger) for the centerpin and they were 2.5" wide. I could of made them work but my slipyoke was about to fall out so I just put an add a leaf in my factory packs and called it a day.

boominXplorer said:
not as planned. They ended up being an 1" too long which put my shackle back too much. They were the exact right size (came from a single cab 6 banger) for the centerpin and they were 2.5" wide. I could of made them work but my slipyoke was about to fall out so I just put an add a leaf in my factory packs and called it a day.

Find a leaf pack from a pre 96 F150 and swap all but the main leaf. Works great and wont be too stiff.

Well I could do that with these 150 leafs but I chose not to. I got 2" just putting the add a leaf in my factory pack.

boominXplorer said:
Just get a beafier driveshaft...I love how my truck looks sitting 2-3" higher in the rear (without a load).

:cough: Don't mind the exhaust clamps :cough: :cough:

dcfn00407jk.jpg

Actually it rides better with the add a leaf in the rear. It actually gives an arch to the pack instad of being almost totally flat like they were. My rear fenderwell is even with my front glass fenderwell now and its got a nice rake to the truck.

thats cool as long as it works

Back