• Register Today It's free!

Mystery Switch

BigNutz

Reaction score
City, State
Southern MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer EB
So I am in the process of upgrading my radio, so I pulled the radio panel off for the first time today. While I was unplugging all the harnesses, there was one at the bottom plugged into a dummy holder behind the blank that is between the two heated seat switches. I've looked around at Explorer sale adds to try and see what goes there with no luck. Anyone know what that switch would be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Heated windshield! That has got to be expensive as hell to replace!!

On the ST's it the switch for the side heated mirrors. I don't think they had a heated windshield. On the Ex/Mounty its a blank as on the HVAC controls it has the rear heated glass which also turns on the heat for the side mirrors. On the ST that switch becomes 'Max A/C'.

On ST was for heated mirrors and windshield. Kind of sucks that you couldn't get heated mirrors without the heated windshield. I miss heated mirrors.

Have not heard of a heated windshield (electric) on 4th gen trucks.
I think it's for the power-adjustable pedal system (only if so equipped).

that blank is for the heated seat switch, someone on here order the button but you still need the heated pads which is about 30 dollars from ford

The one im looking into buying has the same blank between the two heated seat switches, the pedal button is more to the left...

I wonder what the cable is for. It just sits behind that middle blank not plugged into anything. I wonder if this truck originally came with heated windshield, cracked and the owner said heck no I'm not paying for that.

Ford probably only made one wiring harness that has all of the connections, and just added switch/components as ordered. It would be cheaper that way, I'm sure.

Ford probably only made one wiring harness that has all of the connections, and just added switch/components as ordered. It would be cheaper that way, I'm sure.

I just they did that with heated and memory seats. I'd love to upgrde to those but you have to change out the entire engine harness....

Back